E&C article

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
PJ
Thursday 15 November 2007 11.38am
There is an article about E&C property and regeneration in todays Telegraph.
Thursday 15 November 2007 11.40am
Thursday 15 November 2007 1.06pm
This sort of one sided hype is aimed at investors and is common place for developments of this size...most of the info was probably sourced from the new development partner (saving the reporter the time to do some real digging for a story) If e&c is to thrive then real engagement is needed with the existing community, which is already being rehoused in large numbers all over the borough and who may never return to live in the area.....

i also notice that the article failed to mention that Oakmayne couldnt attract a single hotel company to their oakmayne plaza scheme and are now converting that part of the scheme into student digs!
PJ
Thursday 15 November 2007 1.29pm
I couldn't agree more. The new development partner has been useless at communicating with the community, Southwark Council is in disaray, as you say Oakmayne is no longer working on their site because of the student digs issue and Vantage is a mess.

Not looking good at the moment. We have had so much hyperbole but little in the way of progress.
Thursday 15 November 2007 8.11pm
There's a lot in that article that is repeated word for word from other articles about the Elephant and Castle regeneration.
Tuesday 27 November 2007 12.35am
this so called the regeneration of elephant and castle is clearly not going to benefit the local people or the local traders , it will certainly benefit the private developers , the housing associations and the chain superstores. many small businesses in the shopping centre , rodney road and the surrounding area are being pestered by this uncaring southwark council to move out . locals will loose out as this council is going ahead with their destructive plans to build the high rise housing in the nursery row park and the two stead street car parks .there will be nowhere to park as many use these car parks to visit the local east street market and many local shops on walworth road . this will bring a slow death to local traders . local residets and traders are all against the councils plans , but all the local councillors including the opposition party are in favour of the councils loony left destructive policies , so where is the democracy ?? once the local shops , park, the market and the carparks are gone , the council and their cronies will be very happy with the regeneration of e&c.
Tuesday 27 November 2007 8.42am
Er..not exactly. I think you will find that a lot has been done to keep the local community and the traders on board. And I'm pretty sure no one wants East Street Market to go to the wall - otherwise the whole of the E&C and Walworth will be just another Brent Cross. The main developer has been stymied by the upheaval in the Council and this has necessitated them holding their fire - I think you will be seeing a lot more communication disseminated from now on.
PJ
Tuesday 27 November 2007 10.12am
You keep on saying this Jackie and we don't hear anything from the developer. They have been frankly rubbish at keeping in contact since their appointment in the summer. You are the only person who seems to be performing that function.

Do you think they even look at this website?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: