Wedding Venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 15 November 2007 6.05pm

I need some help. I am looking for a large hall for my wedding dinner adn dance. I am also hoping to bring my own caterer. And the venue needs to be able to stay open past 12. Any suggestions?

thanks for your help
Friday 16 November 2007 8.26am
My friend is getting married next year and has been going through the same process-in which area do you want the hall,how many must it hold and will there be hot food as this will limit you to halls with kitchens-be prepare to have to scrub them though!!

Southwark council have a list of tenants halls detailing whether they have a kitchen, bar and how many they hold on their web site.
Friday 16 November 2007 10.48am
TLMJJ had her wedding at La Lanterna and it was great.
Friday 16 November 2007 12.59pm
What sort of numbers are you looking at ???

When I was planning my wedding i got detaisl from the Museum of Garden History, and you could bring caters in for that

I know that you can hire this place out as well
Friday 16 November 2007 1.35pm
There are plenty of places just over the river from SE1 if that suits you for location.

For a smaller affair I can recommend Trinity House, which we used for part of our wedding. It is just near the Tower:

Or for bigger ones the livery halls are really nice, like the apothecaries as Kara suggests, or I've been to Skinners Hall for a function, which was good:

I think most of them will let you bring your own caterers.
Friday 16 November 2007 1.42pm
Locally you have the Fashion & Textile Museum and Delfinas - both Bermondsey Street, Glaziers Hall near Southwark Cathedral or the walkways above Tower Bridge. All very unique spaces for hire but I have no idea about costs. I think all the contact details are all featured on this website.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: