Indian in Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 26 September 2003 11.58am
Aside from the FABULOUS Thames Tandoori in Waterloo, can anyone please recommend some other good indian restaurants around the area?

Thanks
Friday 26 September 2003 12.23pm
The Tower Tandori is great - only catch being that I'm not sure where it actually is - I phone them and they bring our curry.

(They did me a cracking chicken jalfrazi last night....)
Friday 26 September 2003 12.29pm
opposite pie and mash shop in t.b.r. is tower tandoori

theres also Simply Indian in Tabard street, great food, they also do takeaway.....very small eating establishment - cant really call it a restaurant, they have no drinks licence but you can take your own wine etc., try their stuffed baby aubergines...

jan
Friday 26 September 2003 12.41pm
I agree, Simply Indian is magnificent...

Meat eaters must try their Xacutti (pronounced Shakooti - speciality dish not often seen on any other indian restaurant menus)

Veggie dishes worth trying are their Tarka Dahl or the Bindi Dopiaza or the Sag Paneer - Yum Yum

For delivery Pizza - my favourite is "Cucina" - they have the most wonderful list of ingredients to either build your own, but they're ready designed are really different from the norm...anyone else tried Cucina?

Curly
Friday 26 September 2003 12.44pm
aye Curly - Cucina a v v good. Simply Indian quite rightly mentioned already.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Friday 26 September 2003 12.45pm
As a vegetarian I wouldn't recommend the Tower Tandoori - they use the same sauce for every dish, which consists mainly of frozen peas and ketchup, even the chana dal was made with grean peas!

Simply Indian is very good, as is a little delivery only place in Weston Street called Indian Summer.

BTW the new Chinese on Tower Bridge Road is great - does loads of soya (pretend meat) dishes including crispy duck with pancakes.
Friday 26 September 2003 12.51pm
Curly, my daughters love pizza - where is cucina? to me pizza is glorified cheese on toast....will Cucina's persuade me otherwise?

jan
Friday 26 September 2003 1.10pm
Without a doubt - basically it's a posh pizza place.

I think that they only deliver....
Friday 26 September 2003 1.26pm
Sarah - where's the new Chinese on Tower Bridge Road?
Friday 26 September 2003 1.44pm
Hi Jan,

Craig is right - I also think they only deliver - and although they are a posh pizza delivery service, their prices are not extortionate.

The number is 0207 407 1515 - give them a call, I'm sure they'd be delighted to send you a menu, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Curly
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: