Improving Walking Routes To London Bridge Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 November 2007 9.22am
Transport for London (TfL) has commissioned national public spaces charity Living Streets to look at the quality of the environment for pedestrians in the area around London Bridge station. At the heart of this process is an assessment of the streets and public spaces through the eyes of those who live or work locally, to harness their local knowledge and experiences. The aim is to flag up issues that can form the basis of possible improvements in the future.

The audits for London Bridge station are being held on Thursday 6th December and we would be delighted if as many people as possible who live and work in the local area can come along. Two audits are being held on the day. The first will start at 12.30pm and the second at 6.00pm. Please come along to whichever suits you better.

The intention is to try look at four main routes into and around the station:

- Tooley Street
- St. Thomas Street
- Borough High Street and the links via London Bridge Street and Railway Approach
- Routes from the station to Southwark Cathedral and the Thames Path heading west.

For both the lunchtime and evening audits, we will meet just outside the station at the covered area between the Fone Doctors shop and the footbridge (London Bridge Walk) that takes pedestrians over Tooley St. The whole process will take about an hour.

I hope that you will be able to come along on the day and I would be grateful to learn what you think in your replies to this posting or by contacting me by phone or e-mail as below.

Jeremy Leach.

Living Streets, Street Audit Leader

Tel: 020-7252-5331 e-mail:

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: