Water off in Tabard area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 November 2007 12.41pm
My water has been off since 10.30 and possibly earlier. Apparently it is also affecting others in Newcomen St, Crosby Row and Tennis St. Thames Water have been almost completely uninformative (appart from telling me it was "shut off" at 11.10h, when mine was off well before that!). Does anyone have any more information?
Monday 19 November 2007 2.56pm
Ours was off (Tennis Street) - first noticed about 7a.m. Spotted Thames Water vans in the street mid-morning and now the kitchen cold water tap has spluttered back into action. Hope you are similarly re-connected.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 12.19am
Yes thanks, I got my water back sometime between 5 and 6 pm.

Somehow I am not surprised to hear that it was off all the way back to 7am, yet in terms of the regulation 6 hours Thames have to get the supplies back on, the clock didn't start ticking till 11.10am - all these targets and performance indicators etc are often very different from what they first seem once you read the 'small print'.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 11.46pm
Well, the water went back on, but guess what, just a few hours later - the electricity went off for 7 hours! All back on now, thankfully.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: