Should I - Nelson Square?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 20 November 2007 3.52pm
Am thinking of moving to se1 more specifically-Nelson Square, now i have heard some positive and some negative on this site, but all the threads were more than a year old. Can someone living there tell me what that area is like? Should I or Shouldn't I - dat is the question.!

Roamnbutterfly
Zoe
Tuesday 20 November 2007 6.24pm
Which block at Nelson Square?
Tuesday 20 November 2007 6.41pm
I love nelson sq, i still have my flat there in RHH despite living in the gulf - i miss it every day, its a great block, great people there, fantastic proximity to everything that central london has to offer, 5 mins from waterloo,7 mins from london bridge, 7 to blackfiars , 5 mins from bourough & lower marsh mkts.

20mins walk from soho, 20 from the monument, 10 to st pauls.

all the transport you need within mins.

the view of my balcony of big ben is still special!
Tuesday 20 November 2007 7.36pm
Yes., you should.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 8.09pm
The area is a fantastic place to live because of its close proximity to central london and key transport links with Southwark tube station just accross the road. I think the area is very safe to live in.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 9.45pm
Zoe wrote:
Which block at Nelson Square?
Rowland hill house
Tuesday 20 November 2007 9.52pm
Mojonojo, that was very detailed, thanks, made me feel like moving right away...lol. And i see u have a flat in the same block as me then. And thanks Colinw that was an aspect i was looking at...safety. I am new to the site and am soo far impressed with the help am getting...Thanks all.
Friday 23 November 2007 9.58am
i was lucky enough to buy it a few years ago before prices hit above 200k, but i still think buying in the block is a fantastic purchace,

the only funny thing is trying to get furniture of decent size into the living room (3 90 degree turns in close succession) i had to take the front door & door frame out as well as the livingroom door out to get a sofa into the livingroom as well as a very precarious sofa hanging off front balcony moment with 3 people not trying to drop it 5 stories onto passers by below.

there is a great residents association and a great mix of age ranges that live in the block from 7months to 70 years old.

getting a parking permit is a nightmare - i just got rid of the car as it was easier.

the doors to the block are mag keycarded as are the individual floors, so access to the front doors of the block is quite difficult to begin with, letalone individual flat front doors.
Friday 23 November 2007 4.41pm
Another happy resident here.

Those entry doors mentioned by mojonojo can be a nightmare as well, as deliveries are very likely to get it wrong. As there are three separate entries, with access limited to certain flat numbers from each it is too much for most couriers and the like to understand. Actually the only ones that are certain to get through always around here are the often reviled Royal Mail posties :)

Also there are some minor structural gripes, like a leak in my bathroom ceiling that keeps reappearing after the council say they have repaired something somewhere along the line, then again it might be negligence from the people upstairs.
Friday 23 November 2007 5.16pm
Oh and another thing... my flat was surveyed quite a while back for upcoming improvements, I suppose to comply with the Decent Homes -standard and the man said once the works start they would be on site "for years". That did sound a bit alarming, as I can easily imagine scaffolding being up for a long time when they finally start putting in new windows (been scheduled to happen since 2005 if I remember correctly). But if they start rewiring and repairing the plumbing it could well be a very very big building site for ages. Not been able to attend any residents' association meetings in ages, they might have been informed more about all this.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: