Nintendo Wii's

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 4.10pm
Like most of the nation I'm after a Nintendo Wii this Christmas, I was just wondering if any of you have seen any for sale in the SE1 area, or there abouts, and yes I know I'm a fool for leaving it so late but I have been uming and ahing about it.
Tuesday 20 November 2007 10.18pm
Chances are by the time you find out they will have gone!

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/ tracks stock on various websites. Sadly it seems a lot of retailers will be forcing people to buy overpriced bundle deals - a way of making you buy games and accessories you probably won't want!
Tuesday 20 November 2007 11.09pm
Try European web sites - the licensing and TV output type is the same as in the UK (unlike Wiis from the USA) and you'll be able to alter the language on the system to English quite easily during the set-up process. All you'll need is a 2-pin plug to 3-pin plug adapter. Best to do a bit of your own research in this area though.

Try Amazon in France or Germany.
Wednesday 21 November 2007 12.40pm
They may not ship to the UK but get it shipped to any acquaintance you may have over there...
ADT
Wednesday 21 November 2007 3.19pm
amazon.de will ship to the UK & I've heard of various people who have sucessfully ordered Wii's from them for delivery over here - they are still selling at EUR 250 for the basic Wii + sports. If you buy two and sell one on Ebay then you'll easily make up the extra shipping costs :-)
Wednesday 21 November 2007 8.55pm
Tesco have an 'email us when back in stock' option which has worked for me before:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5745.aspx

Maybe they'll get another load in before Xmas...
Thursday 22 November 2007 6.29pm
I had a hell of a time getting one last Christmas. I ended up buying it on ebay for about 150 which included postage and packaging. Really worth doing as it was impossible to get one any other way. Although I heard that Argos have them in stock.
Thursday 22 November 2007 11.04pm
I got one via one of the tracker websites. Kept going for 3-4 days and then ordered online from Dixons as soon as I saw they had stock. Worked a treat.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: