Morning traffic jam nightmare - Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 22 November 2007 1.34pm
What on earth has happened to the traffic on Grange Road in the past three weeks?
The traffic in the morning is obscene- it can't just be those unnecessary roadworks opposite Alscot Road- I mean it had been bad before they started.
And for anyone who gets the no 78 bus- why why why are so few of them compared to no 1's.They are always jam packed by Grange Road and you can never get a seat. who can we write to about this?
It's not fair to develop an area with so many new flats and not provide the infrastructure to support the residents..
Thursday 22 November 2007 1.59pm
don't know about the traffic but your lucky with the 78's just not getting a seat-with the C 10's your lucky to get on a bus at all-- a seat is unheard of!!

you can complain about buses on the TFL web site
Thursday 22 November 2007 3.46pm
Why do you think the road works are unnecessary - I think the pavement widening and introduction of a new crossing (I assume) are worthwhile improvements.

If Tower Bridge is open, even for a few minutes, the effects can be felt all the way back to Grange Road, but I think the temporary lights are having an effect too.

Chris
Thursday 22 November 2007 3.52pm
Can I ask where you go on the 78 bus? I used to get the 78 to work (Moorgate) every morning and discovered that walking takes about the same amount of time (35-40 minutes) and burns over 200 calories!

Chris
Thursday 22 November 2007 4.31pm
yay a no 78 discussion! nxt will be one on the no 42! which is not one of my faves.

i get the no 78 from tower bridge to peckham, and wot a joy it is.
Thursday 22 November 2007 4.46pm
The otherday I saw 3 number 1s going past until the no 78 actually came... painful. My boyfriend takes number 1 and I take no 78 and I never get on the bus faster than him.

what really really annoys me though is that every second morning I get to Liverpool Street and then the buss is ordered to turn around and NOT get up to Shoreditch so everyone have to get off even if the bus says Shoreditch when you get on...aargh.

Chris, I normally bike which saves me at least 20 minutes in the morning, but have you seen the weather lately? Not inspiring.
Thursday 22 November 2007 4.48pm
I myself gave up taking either bus 78/42 to go to Bishopsgate from Bricklayer's Arms every morning. I now walk, and it takes me 30 min, ie faster than the bus! And it's obviously healthier (well, as healthy as walking along a major traffic thoroughfare and breathing car fumes can be).
Thursday 22 November 2007 5.12pm
Grange Road has been much much worse than usual for the last two or three weeks. I've also noticed tht there's alot of traffic coming up Pages Walk - far more than there usually is.

I think somewhere traffic is getting diverted up Pages Walk and out onto Grange Road.
Thursday 22 November 2007 5.40pm
Unfortunately they are converting the Zebra crossings to Pelican crossings.

Personally I much prefer Zebra Crossings - I feel safer and dont have to wait as long to cross - the Pelicans can take ages for the Green Man to light up

As a matter of interest I walk from New Cross GAte to London Bridge every day - It is 50 mins door to door to walk th 21 is not very frequent and gets snarled up turning into Borough High Street it can be at best 35 minutes and at worst an hour - I havent yet noticed the benefit of the calories burned!
Thursday 22 November 2007 5.45pm
i can get the 42 or 78 to work, and have to say the 78 is usually quicker. i can also get the 343, which is quicker coming home, than going, mmm.... i never knew i had so much info in my brain about buses. i need my own helicopter.... or monorail...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: