Traffic in Leathermarket and Morroco streets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jh
Monday 26 November 2007 11.40am
Does anyone know who to talk to at Southwark Council about traffic levels in the area, who can make a difference. Over the last few years I have repeatedly tried to get someone to show some interest in the amount of traffic using these streets as a cut through to/from Tower Bridge Road. It is now completely unacceptable with lorries and coaches usuing what can hardly even sustain 2-way car traffic, let alone anything larger. Everyone I have spoken to simply says the situation will be rviewed as part of an overall strategy next time there is a review. I have had enough of being fobbed off and would like to know who exactly is responsible for this sort of thing.
Monday 26 November 2007 12.55pm
jh

I would like to suggest David Moffat, who is currently engaged in a study of traffic on and around Bermondsey Street.

I would suggest that you acquaint yourself with the studies already published at Southwark's website :

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/transport/bermondseyst.html

See also the thread on this forum entitled : "Southwark's Plans for Bermondsey Street"

None of this guarantees that the "fobbing off" will not re-occur, but i hope that it helps.

David Moffat's contact details :

David Moffat
Senior transport planner
Transport planning
Regeneration and neighbourhoods

Southwark Council
Chiltern House, Portland Street
London, SE17 2ES
Tel: 020 752 52295
Fax: 020 752 55683
Email: david.moffat@southwark.gov.uk

www.southwark.gov.uk
jh
Monday 26 November 2007 1.03pm
Cheers for that info C S....I will see where I get with him.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: