Carpet cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 26 November 2007 2.15pm
Can anyone recommend somebody who will come and clean a fitted carpet. I need somebody who will come with his/her machinery and be able to move furniture around. It's not a big flat, but so far have been unable to find somebody who will do it.I think it's safe to do now the grandchldren have stopped throwing their food around.
Monday 26 November 2007 2.21pm
There are a couple on our tradesfolk board:
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/kenningtontrades/myhomepage/england.html
Monday 26 November 2007 4.08pm
I've used this company several times and they are very professional and good value for money (no connection - just a customer). They clean carpets, rugs and fabric and leather upholstery. They're based in Kingston but will happily come to SE1 and will provide a quote over the phone first. I think they only used water based cleaning fluids so if your carpets are really dirty, this might not be the best solution - maybe worth checking with them first.

James Turtle & Co Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
020 8546 4222

I've also had quotes from Servicemaster who are better known but seem unbelievably expensive - I'm not sure if their service is somehow worth the cost. Someone else here might have tried them and have a view.
Monday 26 November 2007 4.13pm
CleanNgone
ph: 08000 757 800
fax: 0208 9941 933
email: office@cleanngone.co.uk
www.cleanngone.co.uk (Try out our brand new instant chat service!)

I have not used this company but they have been recommended to me and are willing to come on a Saturday to the SE1 area. Regards.
Thursday 29 November 2007 9.23am
Thanks for those. I've booked CleanNgone for next Tuesday. They were very efficient on the phone and quoted me 69 for living room, bedroom and hall. I'll post a post-clean evaluation
Geoff
Monday 3 December 2007 4.10pm
Geoff I would be interested to know how you got on with the cleaning of carpets on Tuesday please let me know. Regards, Sally P
Wednesday 5 December 2007 6.14pm
Sally
They came on time and spent around an hour cleaning a bedroom, living room and the hall fitted carpets. The process leaves the carpet damp - they said it would take 3 hours to dry, but in actual fact it took longer (but one could walk on it in the meantime anyway). Cost was 69 which I thought wasn't too bad. Get in touch if you need more details
Geoff
Thursday 6 December 2007 7.57am
Have the carpets come up really clean?
Thursday 6 December 2007 9.15am
Yes. They were pretty grubby after 5 years of abuse, including some silicon spray stains which I had caused by spraying too much on the curtain rails and having it drip down...They sprayed some extra solvent on the bad bits
Tuesday 17 June 2008 1.15pm
I recently had someone from a company I never used before and was nicely surprised by the result and the way that guy operated - the carpet was in desperate need for shampooning as we have a little child as well, but the stains I was worrying about were from oil. Everything went out! very good job

If someone wants to try them - http://www.carpetfirst.co.uk, the number is there

BJ
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: