Junction of TBR and Abbey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 November 2007 5.25pm
Has anyone ever written to the council about why there isn't a pelican crossing at the junction of TBR and Abbey St? It's lethal crossing there and with the new Bermondsey Square development there will be loads of people wanting to cross at that point.
Wednesday 28 November 2007 9.50am
Hi flaffan

I wrote to the council a year ago and they referred me to Transport for London. They told me that improvements to the junction form part of the building scheme for the square (or something?) so to expect improvements.

I phoned them again this morning as onviously no change, plus had a near miss yesterday with a motorbike. Number I rang was 02072225600 and they have logged another complaint. Please do the same,

Katy
Wednesday 28 November 2007 10.45am
Great thanks will do. I'm amazed there aren't more accidents there.
jh
Wednesday 28 November 2007 11.25am
There are quite a few accidents but are mostly vehicle related. The road narrows (TBR southbound into 1 lane) and its a very tight turn, whichever direction you are coming from, if you are going from 1 road to another. Lots of scrapes and bumps for cars, vans etc. Pedestrians are well advised to avoid it as drivers wont be concentrating as the road logics are such a mess.
Wednesday 28 November 2007 1.13pm
It is a dodgy junction, my daughter refuses to turn right into abbey street from tower bridge road, she goes down near central hall end of bermondsey street, turns right into long lane amd goes accross that way into abbey st. much safer!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: