Road closure by Tesco

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 28 November 2007 6.55pm
Anyone know what happened this evening just next to the bus stops outside Tesco on the Southbound Old Kent Road? Police cordon causing a traffic nightmare - didn't stop to nose but I did glance a load of abandoned medical stuff and a rather crumpled looking bicycle :(
Wednesday 28 November 2007 7.08pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7117812.stm

Traffic chaos leading up and around Old Kent road and Bricklayers roundabout this end
Wednesday 28 November 2007 8.43pm
A little more info
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3038

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 November 2007 9.39pm
Traffic is still grinding slowly around the diversion - haven't checked whether the cordon is in place but seeing as one of the victims is in a critical condition it's likely they'll be keeping the Old Kent Road closed for a while.
Thursday 29 November 2007 12.08am
Road opened about 45 mins ago
Thursday 29 November 2007 7.19am
Great publicity for our area (not) - what an awful story.And at 4.30 in the afternoon too. Hope we find out what went on and why.
Thursday 29 November 2007 9.53am
I don't suppose there is any rhyme or reason to what happened, more like mindless violence...
Thursday 29 November 2007 10.48am
I read somewhere that one of them was stabbed in the head.

I wonder if it was some of the schools clashing (or am I being niave), I know it's not the best area in London but I've never felt unsafe and I live less than a minute walk away.
Thursday 29 November 2007 11.14am
This is a really grim story, but it shouldn't make people feel any less safe. This was an isolated incident (one of a few, admittedly) involving people who knew each other and obviously had some kind of dispute which escalated. I still feel perfectly safe strolling around the area.
Thursday 29 November 2007 12.10pm
I'd rather walk down the old kent at 2am in the morning than some parts of peckham at 9am.

lets hope they catch the little darlings who did this, give them more than probation/community service etc.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: