Royal Mail delivery failings!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 November 2007 3.12pm
I have ordered a digital camera and it was supposed to be delivrered by post this morning. So we waited and waited and waited. Called the company and with the reference No. we could track the parcel on the post office tracking system. Supposedly, they tried to deliver before 9:30 but left a card while we were out!! I am GREEN. I am leaving for my holiday tomorrow and I don't know what I am supposed to do...Will they give me my parcel at Mandela Way if I go without that bleeding card? Also I think we are supposed to wait at least 24 hours before claiming parcels at the depot. Trying to google the details of Mandela Way depot, I stumbled upon an article from London SE1 mentioning the fraud going around there. Now I am just wondering the postman could have kept it for himself...
Thursday 29 November 2007 11.24pm
hi Connie,
sorry to be the one to tell you but it is now generally accepted that parcel delivery is a
thing of the past.
My understanding is that 'out cards' are always delivered to blocks of flats & apartments. Not because it is cheaper to post items to flats, but because the management of the Post office have said so. (Who do they answer to?)
In my opinion, delivering cards with
'we can't be bothered to carry stuff to your door'
or
"delivery? if you want it so bad - come & get it?"
would at least be more honest,
but delivery of service, and honesty get in the way of profits.
Any one from the post office read this?
Sunday 2 December 2007 9.00pm
Connie, I totally sympathise with you - the same thing has happened to me several times over the past few months. We were very much in when the postie visited (I live in a block). He didn't ring or knock and he didn't risk actually putting the card through the letterbox (he must have known that we might have heard him) - he left it wedged into the door gap. The time of call was not filled in.

So - Graham you must be right - they must fill in the card beforehand and have no intention of carrying parcels with them. I am furious. Surely it is illegal - after all the postage has been paid by the sender for the parcel/letter to be delivered to the address on it NOT TO MANDELA WAY!!!!??? The Royal Mail must have some sort of charter - and this practice must surely be in breach of it. Any lawyers out there able to help with advice? Also, if anyone knows the complaints procedure - I'd be most grateful if you could let me know it.

Tomorrow morning, up early - pay congestion charge, drive to Mandela way - queue up, arrive late at work -Grrrrrrrrrr (and probably get another "while you were out" note whilst I am out - OH JOY). Perhaps I shall rig up a camera to catch Mr Postie in action.
Monday 3 December 2007 11.26am
I commiserate - I am still waiting - one month on for a special delivery next day item that has not been delivered to me. I have three reference numbers and several calls to royal mail to show for it.....
Monday 3 December 2007 11.52am
Daisyfire! Where have you been? Waiting for the post all this time?
Monday 3 December 2007 8.52pm
Postwatch are the people to contact, they were very helpful when we campaigned to save the Elephant & Castle post office. We managed to halt the closure, until Post Office Counters agreed that they had indeed overlooked the fact that E&C is an area of financial and social deprivation - Post Office Counters went away and rethought their proposal to close it.
Then closed it.
Monday 3 December 2007 9.06pm
I had a card while i was out, went to Mandela Way to collect my package only to find it wasnt there. I made a complaint only to find out they returned it to the sender after 24 hours of being in the post office.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 4.23am
another neat trick is to put recorded dlivery items straight through the door
of course, it's not always the right door!
so much for 'fee for service'
Tuesday 4 December 2007 10.35am
I need to collect a secret santa pressie which was sent to me special delivery on 30 Nov, the sender has tracked it to Southwark but I haven't received it, or a card about it. I will have to go to Mandela Way to ask about it but it was addressed to my logon name for a another forum I use plus I don't even have a card! Suspect I am backing a loser but going to try.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: