Furniture shopping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 30 November 2007 1.08pm
All;

Just moved into a warehouse flat on Bermondsey and looking for some reccomendation for some reasonably priced warehouse style furniture (think http://www.castlegibson.com/ but not so expensive!). Can you reccomend anything? I need to pick up a table and chairs and a coffee table this weekend! I have a car so happy to drive about london....

Thanks for your help
Friday 30 November 2007 1.17pm
Be carefull, the phrase "happy to drive about London" is red rag to a bull for lots of people on this site - you will become an outcast!

I have spent a happy few hours on the web this morning trying to find reasonably priced chesterfield sofa

there is IKEA in Croydon amongst others - I would start on the web and go from there if I were you
Friday 30 November 2007 2.01pm
Bermondsey St. and the surrounding areas, especially TBR, are great for antiques and one-off pieces, but I agree with newcrossgate about starting on the net first.

Warren Evans beds are ace and not too expensive (no connection).

Chris
Friday 30 November 2007 2.30pm
Dwell might be the sort of place you're after - they have stores in Balham and Angel and a depot in South Wimbledon where you can collect things from.

http://www.dwell.co.uk/

(No connection other than the fact that they sold me my dining chairs!)
Friday 30 November 2007 2.55pm
actually looking for more antique pieces (like castle gibson) as opposed to new stuff (like dwell)

anywhere particular on tower bridge road or near bermondsey street? I know there is a lot about but finding the good places seems to be a struggle

ps picked up a Warren Evans bed - very happy with it
Friday 30 November 2007 3.02pm
old kent road...Heart Charity shop is big and often has sixties stuff in..
Friday 30 November 2007 4.33pm
BHF charity shop is supposed to be a secret... the word is out now!

Tower Bridge antiques is worth poring over (www.towerbridgeantiques.co.uk), you could spend a while walking round that area and not find it so look on its map.
Friday 30 November 2007 4.58pm
I would also recommend the auctioneers Luckners. Good mix of mid-century (50s and 60s) and older stuff. They are online at www.luckners.com and their premises are on Druid Street. You are able to pop in have a look at items before placing your bid online.

No connection apart from being a satisfied customer.
Monday 3 December 2007 5.32pm
Heard good things about www.sofasofa.co.uk and its prices.
Haven't tried them out yet, but once we've got room for furniture...
Monday 3 December 2007 5.52pm
www.gumtree.co.uk
Loads of excellent 2nd hand furniture by private sellers-some pieces are antique/old style so not all ex Ikea etc -many postings have photos too.
Good luck!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: