Best/worst pizza take out....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 2 December 2007 1.04am
im voting Village Pizza on old kent rd.

as for the best, does anyone know if the gourmet pizza co. on gabriels wharf (i think)do takeaways?
Sunday 2 December 2007 6.02am
The one opposite the Jam Factory, on TBR is pretty horrendous. I vote for them.
Sunday 2 December 2007 11.18am
So, which is the best? I'd really like some ideas...
Sunday 2 December 2007 1.49pm
Pizza Cucina delivery service by a country mile
Monday 3 December 2007 5.57pm
La Dolce Vita are the best I've had by some distance
Tuesday 4 December 2007 12.25pm
The only one I've ever used- save for the horror that is Deliverance- is the small one on Tabard Street. Looks a bit grotty but the pizzas I've had have been OK, albeit nothing fancy.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 1.02pm
Justinito, do you mean Pizza 2 Go on Tabard Street? If so, I have had pizzas from there and they've always been good.

I think it depends what you want from a takeaway pizza. When I'm in a restaurant, I love bases to be thin and crispy and for the pizzas to have more unusual toppings. But if I'm going for a takeaway then it's a thicker bases, lashings of cheese and a smidgen of grease every time! Pizza 2 Go seems to deliver on that front.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 4.02pm
I second Sidney on Pizza Cucina. I've always been delighted by their pizzas, which are actually real Italian pizzas made with fresh ingredients from the Borough Market. A far cry from the horrors delivered by the likes of Pizza Hut et al. No connection apart from being a very satisfied client.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 4.27pm
Cucina's good. Especially if you get them to use the spicy tomato base instead of the normal one. And if you're as lazy as me, don't forget that you have to ask them specially if you want it sliced. They also deliver (fairly expensive for what it is) wine, if you're REALLY lazy and would rather pay over the top than go to the corner shop.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 5.44pm
Whilst we are on the subject of takeout, any ideas from people on the best Indian takeaway near the Jam Factory?
Have used Deliverance (awful) and enjoy the Clipper in Shad Thames but can't find a good delivery. Any ideas?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: