Zipcar or Streetcar?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Sunday 2 December 2007 9.03pm
Has anyone had any experience of using either? Looks like a good idea but not sure about all the small print. Has anybody out there tried them? If there is any damage to the car does their insurance cover it or does the user have to pay for all of it?
Sunday 2 December 2007 9.10pm
A couple of threads from earlier in the year which may be worth a read:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 3 December 2007 4.25pm
We have been members of Streetcar for about 6 months - we sold our car and decided to go for it and have absolutley no regrets. You pay overall insurance in your membership so you don't pay for damage. There is a process if there's an accident etc but basically you're insured.

You can book online and have a car in half an hour but you can book way ahead if you want to. There are people on the phones from quite early in the morning to about 10pm and they're very helpful. the only difficulty i have had is that the padlock on the gate at Ewer St (the car I use the most) is quite difficult - but I'm mastered that.

You should give it a try. I haven't tried Zipcars but I imagine the way they run it is similar.

Monday 3 December 2007 5.18pm
I used to be a member of Streetcar and was very happy with them. Cars were usually available when I needed them and located close to home.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 2.43am
Have had one year with Streetcar. There have been one or two problems of various sorts but on the whole it's been good for me and I would recommend them. The booking system is good. Any issues are dealt with well by an efficient, if sometimes scarce, customer service team. It's certainly been a cheap alternative to running my own car and availability has been OK. Checking for damage before you set off is a nuisance especially if it's dark! There are levels of insurance and if you go for the cheaper option you could be heading for a hefty repair bill or an argument. Don't know about Zip but I believe they are cheaper. Streetcar are about to increase their prices.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 9.27am
I thoroughly recommend Streetcar. Lots of cars in convenient places and a VERY cheap hourly rate of 4.95 inclusive - I am not surprised they are putting it up to 5.95. Very few problems of any kind - dog hairs from the previous renter. I hire cars a lot and I am very impressed with them.
Wednesday 12 March 2008 4.02pm
I am think ing renting my carpark space to Streetcar or Zipcar. Any idea how much they pay?
Thursday 13 March 2008 12.15pm
I am a member of Streetcar and very happy but if you live in SE1 then I think Zip could be better as you don't have to pay the congestion charge with them
Thursday 13 March 2008 12.16pm
I am thinking renting my carpark space to Streetcar or Zipcar. Any idea how much they pay?
Thursday 13 March 2008 2.15pm
Streetcar are great!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: