37 degrees v Fitness First Cottons gyms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 December 2007 2.20pm
Hi everyone,

Could anyone help? I am looking to join a gym near London Bridge Station and was wondering if you could share your experiences. I am thinking to either join Fitness First Cottons or 37 Degrees. I have read all the discussion on this site but some of these are quite old.

Any feedback about any of these two health clubs would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Monday 3 December 2007 5.16pm
I am a member of 37 Degrees and have so far had no problems with it - not the cheapest at 62.50 but I use it 4 times a week so fairly OK

The instructors are good and gym equipment all new. The audio system is not always too reliable and the class instructors change quite frequently. I guess it depends on where you work/live and what you want to use the gym for

There is a Soho Gyms branch opening at Empire Square near Borough Station in January and so have joined up for that (however its in my building so it makes sense I suppose !. Otherwise I would happily stay at 37 Degrees.
Monday 3 December 2007 7.39pm
Hi Boroughmark,

Many thanks for your reply. I hoping to go around 3 times per week if not more. Fitness First Cottons is closer to my work place but 37 degrees seems quite cool.

many thanks.
Monday 3 December 2007 8.50pm
37 degrees wins hands down.

Admittedly I don't use the classes which seem to attract a fair amount of criticism, and I would describe the club as 95% there as service does seem to lack at times, and I often feel that the cleaning lacks attention

The choice of equipment beats cottons, as does the steam room, I can't remember the pool that well. 37 degrees is a good modern facility, quite industrial and spacious while cottons is very basement like.

Bill
Tuesday 4 December 2007 11.42am
I've been a member of Fitness First, what used to be Fitness Exchange in Cottons for 6 years. The place was revamped this year. Equipment is good, pool is large, staff and personal trainers are good and friendly
and I only pay 47/month
Tuesday 4 December 2007 1.26pm
Hi Bill and Bmovie,

Thanks for your messages. Both gym seem to be doing well. I was quoted 62/month with 37 degrees and 61/month with Fitness First Cottons and both are with corporate discounts. Still quite pricey. Slightly annoyed with Fitness First Cottons as they increased their corporate rate on Friday.

Many Thanks and kind regards
Tuesday 4 December 2007 1.37pm
The advantage of a Fitness First - is that membership allows you to guest at any of their gyms - holidays, work trips etc

I belong to basic FF (London Bridge( which is cramped but cheaper (no pool so not a platinum)

I can use other bracnches when I travell on business which is a big advantage
Tuesday 4 December 2007 3.59pm
The reason that FF Cottons may have increased their corporate rate on Friday is so that they can reduce on 01 January and therefore show it at a discount.....I know from my retail days that stores increase prices for 28 days just so they can drop them during Sale periods......just a thought anyway !
Tuesday 4 December 2007 8.01pm
I go to Fitness First and it is very good if, like me, you go to Germany a lot. I can use the gym in Munich and Berlin and they are both great.

In london Bridge, the gym is nice but there is NEVER any instructor to help or to advise members. They are very eager to get your money. If I were not going so often to Germany, I would join 37 degrees.

Hope it is helpful.
Saturday 8 December 2007 10.03am
I live at empire square and go to the cannons gym by cannon st - i would say it is a 15min walk from here, but means i can also use the one at covent garden where I work. I think its one of the nicest gyms I have been to. I would join the soho gym one that is opening but I enjoy playing squash!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: