Radio/transmission interference

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 6 December 2007 8.38am
Since Sunday we have been having problems opening our car from the electronic fob opener (whatever the proper term is) and have had interference on radio and some tv channels. I am told it is probably some sort of radio wave from a amateur radio or CB (or more scarey a MOD transmission!!)and wondered if any one round Long Lane near the Simon The Tanner had similar problems or any idea what could be causing it. Further, does anyone know who we can contact to try and find out what the interference is from??
Thursday 6 December 2007 9.39am
Hi dee dee

If your neighbours are having a similar problem, then you can contact Ofcom, who take transmission interference very seriously.

If you decide to call them, they will investigate the interference for you and take the necessary action to stop the interference.

However, be aware that if they find the interference is from your equipment, they may charge you a 50 call out fee - so make sure you neighbours are experiencing the interference too.
Friday 7 December 2007 8.29am
Boss St Bloke

Thanks I will contact them-i don't think it is inside as it would not affect the car opener as well-yesterday my husband came home to find the tele turning itself on and off -the red light was coming on and off to say it was picking up a signal and this continued even with the batteries out of our remote which meant the signal was coming from elsewhere!(or we have a poltergist!!).
Friday 7 December 2007 10.37am
"They're here!"

(This will only makes sense if you have seen the film Poltergiest)
Tuesday 11 December 2007 10.35am
I live just off the Bricklayers Arms roundabout and am certainly getting a lot of "ghosting" on BBC2, which I dont usually get, and I use a transistor radio in the morning while I walk round the flat getting ready and I am constantly having to turn the aerial to get a better signal.
Tuesday 11 December 2007 10.50am
Certainly sounds as though the Martians have landed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: