Tabard Gardens Regeneration?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 8 December 2007 11.09am
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the schedule is for the decent homes scheme?

I live on the estate and we were promised a work plan was to be initiated at some point but so far they seem to keep moving the goalposts. First it was supposed to start in may then august etc etc. The last I heard they were going to have a meeting in september to decide when they should have a meeting to decide when to start the works. Crazy!
Monday 10 December 2007 2.12pm
I used to live in a leasehold flat there for 4 years. In 2006 the council said that if tenants voted to keep the council in charge of the estate (i.e. instead of transfer to Peabody) it would never be possible to provide Decent Homes standard. Even if that is not true, I would think it is a very long way off, and only limited ipmrovements may be done initially.
Monday 10 December 2007 11.02pm
Thanx for that colinio,

I understand that the council were of course liable for raising the capital required for the works but back under the southwark council umbrella they may have had a better chance of achieving this. The really annoying thing is that I actually had someone come over, twice, to measure up for the improvements. I've a strong feeling that they blew the finance on their xmas party damn it!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: