Nearest Ikea

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
jw
Sunday 9 December 2007 7.57pm
Any ideas which Ikea is nearest/quickest to get to for SE1-ers?
Sunday 9 December 2007 8.34pm
The one in Croydon, I think. It is quite easy to drive to and if you don't have a car there is a tram which stops nearby and you can use their home delivery service whereby you buy your goods and take it to a desk after the tills. They will deliver to SE1, the price varies with quantity.

Also, you might be interested to know that they now deliver much of their range - you can order online (www.ikea.co.uk ). We did this and the service was good although we had to wait a while for a delivery slot (3 weeks or so).
Sunday 9 December 2007 10.54pm
Or if, like me, you use public transport - then the Edmonton Branch is only 45 mins from London Bridge Underground.

Jubilee Line to Green Park and then Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale. There is an Ikea Bus [you don't have to assemble it :-)] to the store, or the 192.

I've done the journey several times, at the beginning of the week, during term time, and it's almost a pleasure!!
TAK
Sunday 9 December 2007 11.51pm
I also go to the Edmonton branch. There's also an overland train to Tottenham Hale from Liverpool Street Station should you happen to work near that area.
jw
Monday 10 December 2007 8.11am
thanks - was planning on going by car (now I am a fully fledged street car user!)

Thought Croydon closest but know traffic is a nightmare down there.

So wasn't sure if quicker to head elsewhere
Monday 10 December 2007 9.22am
We go to the one in Thurrock next to Lakeside
Monday 10 December 2007 9.51am
We've driven to the Edmonton one from Tower Bridge (in a Streetcar). It took about an hour each way on a weekday and, of course, we got sucked into the Ikea vortex and had to extend the Streetcar booking by several hours :-)
Monday 10 December 2007 10.43am
er....what is a Streetcar?
Monday 10 December 2007 10.49am
It's like a car that lets you sleep with it if you pay it money.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 December 2007 11.06am
Streetcar & Zipcar are both car clubs - you pay an annual fee of approx 50 then hire a car by the hour. Cars are dotted around London. Check out their websites...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: