English courses in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 December 2007 8.25pm
Can someone help me please with the info about English courses or schools in the area?
I have an Au Pair who would love to attend part-tme English courses few evenings a week somewhere in SE1, SE17, SE15, SE16.
I am trying to find something suitable but the only thing I actually found are many expensive language schools in Oxford Street.
Do you know about something suitable? Thank you.
Sunday 9 December 2007 9.06pm
I'd recommend trying Hotcourses website. Search for ESOL (English as a second language) or EFL (..foreign...). The website will list courses in proximity to your postcode.
I know Goldsmiths do courses, and they take a lot of pride in offering community/adult education as well as their core uni courses. It could also be worth checking out South Bank Uni.
Make sure you get a proper qualification, something like 'Cambridge first certificate' or Learn direct's courses are another up and coming standard a lot of places work to.
Beware of the private colleges on Oxford street, they advertise abroad, charge a packet, and don't even give you a certificate that is worth the paper it's printed on!
Sunday 9 December 2007 10.21pm
Have a look at Morley College in Westminster Bridge Road

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 10 December 2007 10.52am

We have lots of good value ESOL classes starting in January 2008, at many different levels and times, in SE1 at Morley College.

See http://www.morleycollege.ac.uk for our locations and contact details. Email anne.dolan@morleycollege.ac.uk to arrange an assessment date for your au pair.
Monday 10 December 2007 9.07pm
Thanks a lot. I will definitely have a look at the website and call them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: