Borough Station closed in mornings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 12 December 2007 2.35pm
I was surprised and annoyed that Borough station is closed to incoming passengers every morning and afternoon until end 2008 because of lift refurbishment.

I think London Transport could have thought more laterally re this and also consulted with local residents.

I have complained to LT but they don't care. Any ideas what I can do next?

Thanks

Related news & features

Wednesday 12 December 2007 4.06pm
Do you mean you can't get on there or that you can't get off there?
Wednesday 12 December 2007 4.53pm
Borough station is Exit only, Monday to Friday between 07:00 - 11:00 and 15:30 - 20:00, until late 2008.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Wednesday 12 December 2007 4.58pm
What a bummer.
Wednesday 12 December 2007 5.56pm
I doubt there is much else they can do. I imagine there is only 1 lift in service and the pressure of incoming people at these times is too much for them to be able to operate safely on 1 lift. London Bridge is only 5 mins walk away.
Thursday 13 December 2007 2.05pm
They have got stairs at Borough station, though. Surely, with some judicious direction, they could make people go down the stairs and up in the lift.
Thursday 13 December 2007 2.08pm
are those stairs still the iron staircase with each tread narrowing at one end? when i was fit and used to walk down them i would be fine if there was not crowds rushing behind me...
Thursday 13 December 2007 2.17pm
I would imagine that it will be to do with the stringent fire regulations that London Underground must conform to, with regards station evacuations and available escape routes. Emergency stairs are just that and should not generally be used for passenger access, hence the very tight design, not ideal for people passing up and down on.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Thursday 13 December 2007 2.23pm
Does anyone remember Constantine who operated the lift at Borough? He was great - always a smile and a welcome and a kind word. Ah! The Human Touch! Much better than that bossy, dreary voice telling us what not to do.....
mro
Friday 14 December 2007 6.01pm
at least they're giving advance notice.

once showed up on Sunday morning at the station at 8am and it was closed due to insufficient number of staff being present.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: