SE1 restaurants open on Christmas Eve for dinner?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 December 2007 10.41pm
Hi all -

I don't think this has been discussed - if it has, please point me to the right posting.

Anyone know of any restaurants in SE1 that will be open for Christmas Eve dinner? (or even slighly across the river within easy reach of Tower Bridge or London Bridge?)

My wife and I are looking for something pleasant and European where we can have a lovely celebration dinner. All thoughts appreciated.

~ Bluefish
Friday 14 December 2007 6.55am
im sure most places are open on xmas eve as normal
Friday 14 December 2007 2.18pm
boroughpaul wrote:
im sure most places are open on xmas eve as normal

Hmm - that's what I thought too, but doesn't seem to be the case. For instance, Magdalen and Gaucho are both closed for Christmas Eve dinner and some others couldn't tell me one way or the other.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Friday 14 December 2007 2.48pm
Not eaten there so can't vouch for the food, but the Waterloo Brasserie opposite the Old Vic looks very swish.
Friday 14 December 2007 2.54pm
Blueprint is closed
Tate Modern is closed
Tentazioni appears to be open http://www.tentazioni.co.uk/Christmas_Time.htm
Hope that's useful

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 December 2007 5.08pm
Tas is usually open on Xmas Eve
ADT
Monday 17 December 2007 1.47pm
I checked Christmas opening hours last week and I recall that Chop House, Pont de la Tour and Skylon, were open for dinner. One of those or another one of the other D&D places may fit the bill, although they might restrict you to a special menu.

Borough Market is opening on Christmas eve, so the restaurants around the market may well be open to tempt market customers. (Although I'm hoping that as with Christmas eve last year the non-standard market opening days will be nice and quiet & tourist free!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: