Bermondsey Street Parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 16 December 2007 7.07pm
Hey - just got two parking tickets last week because my car was parked in a "suspended bay" on bermondsey street (just outside the Garrison). Any one else had this happen recently? There is nothing on the bar as far as I can tell that says it is suspended....

Thank you!
Monday 17 December 2007 8.48am
my husband parked in wilds rents some time ago on a bay which was not suspended-he was off work for a couple of days so did not go back to the car. Whilst he was off they suspended the bay and moved his car to tabard street. We only found out when we reported the car stolen. Even though it was not suspended when he parked on it he still had to pay a fine for parking in a suspended bay. Good luck if you challenge it but they seem to have you every way you turn!!
Monday 17 December 2007 9.43am
I think they are meant to give notice of suspension....2 weeks possibly....they can't just do it unless thre is an emergency. Call Southwark Parking and ask what the rules are....and let us all know please.
Monday 17 December 2007 9.43am
any idea how the notice is suppose to be given? there was nothing on the sign post next to the bay
Monday 17 December 2007 9.52am
That is exactly how they should do it...put up signs on the posts where the parking restrictions are displayed...this is what happened recently in Leathermarket Street when they wanted to do some works.
Monday 17 December 2007 9.55am
agreed - usually its a huge yellow sign. so frustrating. i've sent a letter in, will let you know what happens.
Monday 17 December 2007 11.15am
Cheers....look forward to seeing what SC pass off as a reasonable excuse.
Monday 17 December 2007 12.00pm
From the southwark council website:

Sometimes parking spaces may be suspended by the Police or Southwark Council to allow for building works, domestic removals, weddings, funerals or special events. In most cases a charge is be made for this service. Please contact the parking shop for further information about organising this or email
When parking spaces are suspended, a warning notice is usually put on the nearest parking sign or in the case of a parking meter a bright yellow bag is placed over it. Cars parked nearby will have a leaflet put on their windscreen to let the drivers know when the suspension will come into force. However, sometimes this is not possible, particularly if the space is suspended because of an emergency.

Drivers should always check that a bay is in operation before parking. If the car is to be left for a number of days, you should check each day to make sure the space has not been suspended while the vehicle is still parked there.

So maybe it's worth checking if it actually was an emergency.
Monday 17 December 2007 12.05pm
they certainly told my husband he should have checked the bay everyday - not sure what that means if you go on holiday for any length of time.
Monday 17 December 2007 12.08pm
unpractical and retarded statement by SC if you ask me
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: