What do people miss about going out...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 December 2007 11.20pm
I've got a problem. I'm finding it difficult to meet people. When I was younger it was easier..you went out, drank, drank more and met loads of interesting people. Now as circles have formed it's getting more difficult. I want to have that randomness again but without any expectation. What I want is good company and the memory of good conversation., and even better music. What would be your soundtrack? Haven't run a club in ages but as I can't find it anywhere else right now so I'm thinking it's about time I took control again. PS I'm talking gay/straight but as I'm over 30 (+) who cares x
Tuesday 18 December 2007 7.56am
tonyd...try it when your over sixty! your only a youngster..I've met interesting people at a bus stop/airports/ had fascinating conversations with people when i have just phoned service lines!
When you say about a club, did you actually run one? you must have had nerves of steel and a cast iron constitution! or do you mean when you run in a club...:-)

Karaoke nights are a great ice breaker...if you do run a club have a regular karaoke night, with a superb sound system a good selection of songs, you got it made...
Jac
Tuesday 18 December 2007 6.45pm
Or you could try coming along to one of the SE1 socials. I've been going along to them since....well not quite the first one some years ago and still get to meet new and interesting people at them and have made some really good friends as a result. Only last Friday I met four new people at The Christmas dinner at The Royal Oak and had a fab evening. Im sure it wont be long in the new year before we arrange another get together for those who want to come.
Friday 21 December 2007 4.59am
Well when I posted that message I was a bit drunk...oops! But what I was trying to say was there's no where I feel that great in. I'm lucky to work in meeja and all that stuff with great people that are young and inspiring but the fact is I'm not young and suddenly I'm thinking Beyonce can't hold a light to Gladys..its one of those things. Let youth live young, for me I think we should get on with it. How do we combine Barcelona Cafe society with English weather? Hence my question about a soundtrack and what people want. Apart from some great pubs around here I want ..you know what it'll happen x
Friday 21 December 2007 1.37pm
Tonyd I think you might have been a bit drunk when you wrote the last post . or is it just me didn't seem to make a lot of sence

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: