Christmas volunteering?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 December 2007 12.56pm
Part of my Christmas Day plans have gone belly up, and I have some time on my hands. Anyone know of any local projects looking for volunteers?

I know about Crisis, and will probably contact them on Monday, but am necessarily looking for somewhere in the neighbourhood I can walk to.

Anyone know of anyone who needs a volunteer?
Saturday 22 December 2007 1.13pm
I am doing Crisis from 23rd to 29th and they are still looking for volunteers.

Don't know where you are, but Crisis have 8 centres this year all over London - including Deptford.
Saturday 22 December 2007 1.35pm
Thanks for the info, I think I can probably get to Deptford with a brisk Christmas walk from the Elephant.
Saturday 22 December 2007 1.38pm
Cool - I have a brisk walk from Tower Bridge to Euston Xmas day!
Sunday 23 December 2007 9.13am
How about the People Care Association? Johnny Wallington is one of the organisers, they organise christmas lunch, transport to and from for elderly lonely people who would probably not see a soul on Christmas Day.
Sunday 23 December 2007 11.10am
Jan, is that definitely the right name of the organisation? I can't find any trace of them through Google.
Monday 24 December 2007 9.17am
It is definitely right. I am doing something there on Christmas morning - saw the notice in the local Library. The guy to contact is John on 0207 703 2163. They will be doing Christmas lunch for 400 people. You can volunteer for as much or as little as you want. The lunch is being held at Dulwich Boys College, Dulwich Common. Lunch starts at 13:00 but they will be there from 9.30. You can just turn up and get stuck in with anything needed if you can't get hold of John before tomorrow - you will always be welcome.
Monday 24 December 2007 12.01pm
Thanks casey. That's a bit of a hike from Elephant to Dulwich, but I may well come if I don't find anything any nearer.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: