SE1 events

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 December 2007 7.22pm
We had an SE1 day out yesterday! Firstly to the “slow food movement” market on Belvedere Rd behind the RFH, what a treat, tasters on nearly every stall! We did buy loads - probably more than needed -but it's all very delicious. Then went on to Potters Field Fair, such a shame that it is and has been so poorly attended, the rides etc are pure fairground, but the big wheel looks directly over Tower Bridge which opened on cue when we were on the ride - magical! The stalls were well stocked (probably due to the poor turnout) but not many others around to appreciate it. I think it's great to see these annual or in the case of the food market, hopefully, more regular events on our doorstep.
Sunday 23 December 2007 2.37am
I'm gutted to have missed out but having been off line for a while, where was the publicity? I didn't know anything about this! Just the sort of local event that i would like to support but obviously not for those locals who dont have e-mail!
Sunday 23 December 2007 9.34am
No, indeed I didn't see it advertised anywhere other than here, I think the food fair is on until today, not sure about Potters Fielsd though.
Monday 24 December 2007 11.05pm
http://www.inse1.co.uk/issues/inSE1-114.pdf

Slow Food Market was mentioned in Dec's SE1 newsletter, which I assumed was for folk not on the internet. It was also mentioned in the Borough Market magazine.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: