Food Hygiene

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 24 December 2007 12.32pm
Just read the topic about a woman in OKR being banned from running any restaurant due to persistently poor hygiene standards. I then followed the links to Southwark Councils 'Scores on the Doors' website that rates all restaurants/ pubs etc for hygiene standards. Quite a revelation - some cafes in very dodgy locations score highly while other more noted establishments like FISH in Borough market come out badly. (only one star while MacDonalds in OKR has five stars). Obviously these are only a guide since standards will vary depending on staff on duty etc. Worth a read though - but be a bit circumspect if you are going out for Christmas lunch! Compliments of the season etc.

Related news & features

Monday 24 December 2007 12.43pm
I understand that only three establishments in Southwark scored five stars in the latest round of inspections - three of them being the police canteens at Southwark, Walworth and Peckham police stations.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 24 December 2007 12.49pm
That's reassuring James, - I work for the police! - Though not in this area.
Zoe
Monday 24 December 2007 1.05pm
The Mcdonalds in OKR is very clean, I've always thought it! So is the one in Walworth Road. It's nice to be able to say something nice about Mcdonalds for once, but I'm shocked about FISH.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: