Traffic lights whinge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 October 2003 11.51am
Specifically, the junction of Grange Road and Tower Bridge Road.

How before anyone tells me off, I don't have a car, but I do use the number 1 bus route every day.

I timed it once, and the lights are green for approximately 17 seconds if you are coming out of Grange Road or Bermondsey/Decima Street. Which is why it can take so effing long for the bus to get out on to Tower Bridge Road.

17 seconds!! It's ridiculous, when during rush hour, Grange Road is generally quite a busy place.

Whinge over.

Incidentally, who does one contact to ask them to sort out the lights? I also have gripes about the Mandela Way/Dunton Road lights as well, but that's another story. :)

Thursday 2 October 2003 1.05pm
Mad King Soup,

The traffic light and pedestrian crossing re-phasings at the Great Dover St / Globe St / Borough High St interchanges are I believe being dealt with by Mike Smith at Transport for London (TfL).

His email address (taken from www.tnra.co.uk traffic item) is: -

mikesmith@streetmanagement.org.uk

I'm sure he will be happy to point you in the right direction if Grange Rd etc is not his remit.

Curly
Thursday 2 October 2003 1.15pm
17 seconds is nothing. If you are a frequent traveller on the no 1 bus, you will be aware of the ridiculous stretch on London Rd, (the new contra flow bus lane), where the two sets of lights there are even worse, they never change in tadem, and the second lot are unreasonably favourable to the oncoming and turning "normal" traffic - I thought they were supposed to favour the buses these days. The best though have to be southbound at the junction of Waterloo Rd to St Georges Circus roundabout - 1 minute and 16 seconds. I'm glad someone else finds lengthy trafiic light waits annoying. I think I will sending an email to Mr Smith also.
Thursday 2 October 2003 3.17pm
This is great. Democracy in action. Public transport users rising up and causing a fuss. Hooray. Organise a march on TfL and I'll come along. I'll even make a banner.

Complain. It's the only way things will get better.

Good luck to you.
jac
Thursday 2 October 2003 3.33pm
Not exactly about traffic lights but, this might cheer you up

I was in a mini cab coming back from tescos (having walked there) and the driver used the bus lane at the junction of grange road and towerbridge road. a bit silly as there was a police car sitting in the queue of traffic. Up shot was that she got pulled over and was given a through checking out.
Unfortunately for me I live just round the corner and she was held up for 20 minutes. I was even charged for the fare then again I think she was fined 60 so need it. Still proof that they are "policing" the bus lanes and keeping a good check on mini cabs.
Friday 3 October 2003 10.16am
If people kept out of that bus lane in their cars, then the buses wouldn't have any trouble in getting round the corner.
jac
Friday 3 October 2003 10.41am
Map maker

I agree, thats why I was pleased the p9olice pulled her up

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: