Good and bad customer service in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12
Wednesday 31 December 2008 6.21pm
Little shop on Wilds Rents - very friendly and always has been.

Kaycee News on TBR; I refuse to go there. The woman behind the counter in particular is awful, she refuses to make eye contact and barely speaks during any transaction. And also even if you have your hand out for the change she drops in onto the counter as if she's worried she'll catch something from you if she so much as acknowledges your presence. If every other newsagents on TBR was closed i'd rather walk to BHS than go into Kaycee's.

Bella and Pinkys opposite Kaycee - always very friendly in there over the years.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 7.27pm
First time poster. I don't live in SE1 but use the area very regularly as I work nearby and spend a lot of time around the South Bank area visiting friends.

Anyway....I went to Canteen yesterday for the first time, I tried to go there before Christmas but it was too busy. So me, the other half and my 1 year old daughter turn up yesterday for what we thought would be a lovely lunch. As soon as we arrive we're told it will be a 10 minute wait, that's fine. So we wander off to the bar to order a drink while we wait. We order drinks and within 10 minutes, waiter comes over and says we have a table but it's not suitable for a baby, well we say our requirements are that we want a table for 2 and a baby chair! What does he think we're going to do keep our daughter in the pushchair?!!!

So after another few minutes wait, waiter finds a spare baby chair and we sit down to order.

We wait and we wait and we wait.....and eventually a waiter comes over and asks what we want, we ordered drinks & food.

We then wait and wait and wait....for a bottle of water...it was approximately 15 minutes, that's how long it took for them to deliver us a bottle of water!

After another wait...of around 20 minutes, our food arrives.

The food tastes ok...pretty much Canteen standard, but certainly not at Canteen prices...

Having finished our food....we mull over the dessert menu and decide we would like a dessert, now where's that elusive waiter that originally served us drinks & dinner...well he was running around but not once did he bother coming over to us to ask us how our meal was/if we would like dessert.

In the end we had to flag down another waiter who with utter surprise said "You want dessert....what would you like then?" in a tone as if to say why do I have to order this for you?

So he wanders off...presumably gives the order to the kitchen and that was that, again we wait and wait and wait....this waiter is know gone and done the elusive act, so we flag down our original waiter, he says "Oh how are you...you ordered dessert?" in a surprised manner, "yes we have" we say, sooff he wanders to the kitchen.

We can see the kitchen part from where we were sitting and quite clearly when he goes to pick up the order it's been standing there for some time, he picks it up brings it over and plonks it on the table.

Although it looked very appealing, one little bite and it was stone cold!

So basically as I thought, my dessert had been standing cold on the side counter of the Kitchen.

We promptly ask for the bill minus the dessert & optional service charge and that was that.

It appears we weren't the only ones who were having a poor time of service, because somebody from the table behind us physically got up and told one of the waiters they wanted to be served!

I really hope this isn't the standard for service at Canteen..it's a place we really wanted to like but I certainly won't be spending a penny of my money in this establishment again.

Poor service and average product.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 7.27pm
You can now send feedback about Tesco Metro in the shopping centre direct to Tesco.

Text free: Store 8203 and comments to 80071
Leave a message free: 0808 135 8203
Email 8203@tescocomments.com
Tuesday 29 September 2009 10.05pm
We have always been very well looked after in Wagamama on Park Street by the South Bank. We have a 2 and a half year old son and the staff are always accomodating, efficient and friendly.
We get served quickly and they have a reasonable childrens menu and our boy is given crayons and colouring sheets.
The foods good, very reasonable and its stress free.
Saturday 16 January 2010 11.58pm
Beyond Appalling; Sainsburys on Borough High Street.
In 2009 I was overcharged nine times on seperate occasions ranging form a couple of quid to Ninteen Pounds. On Five occasions staff/manager apologised and gave a refund. On four occasions I had to go to Sainsbury's Head Office each time my complaint was eventually upheld and I was refunded. By far the worst was on an overcharge. A manager (now I see from his badge demoted) snatched my nectar card out of my hand to make sure he took the points back off it. I grabbed it back and he refused to refund their mistake. Saying I was a fraudster! I have also experienced many times them putting an offer price on and infront of an item, with no other price there visable, but the price turning out not to be for the item it seems to represent. I am not blaming cashiers over all for the overcharges as they just swipe, it is the way the tills are programmed, which after four complaints the head office at Sainsburys admitted. I must say however most of the staff there are very friendly.
Sunday 17 January 2010 10.31am
I try to avoid Ronnie's supermarket on Tanner Street. The owner's wife is contemptuously rude and snatches money from your hand/tries to short-change/overcharge you without any apology or thanks. I do like to be thanked for my custom!
Sunday 17 January 2010 11.00am
tip instead of waiting in the intollerable q's at bermndsey sq sainsburys.. pop up the roade,accross the church park to the supermarket near the travellodge.. never a q and surprisingly well stocked
Saturday 29 May 2010 2.16pm
Resurrecting this thread with a bit of a rant...

The dry cleaners on Snowfields (next to the Miller pub).

I'd had decent service from them before, and they are reasonably priced and on my way to work. But, after this weeks experience, I'll not be going back.

I went to collect my shirts on Thursday morning. On noticing that I'd been given 7 cleaned shirts, I said that I had brought in 8 for cleaning. Queue blank stare from the manager, who then replied "No, only seven came up". I asked him to look at my collection tag, which clearly said "8 shirts". He repeated his previous explanation... "Only seven came up". After some back and fourth, he seemed to understand that a shirt was missing and asked me what it looked like. Me having no idea it was agreed that I'd come back on Saturday to collect the missing shirt.

So, come Saturday, still no shirt. By this time (after looking through my cupboard) I'd realised which shirt was missing... a rather expensive fitted one. I was told that they couldn't find it. I asked if the shirts were cleaned on-site. Yes. I asked if perhaps they had given it to someone else by mistake. "No, we don't do that" was the reply. So, my shirt had disappeared, it was nowhere to be found in the shop and they could not have given it to anyone else. Read into that what you will. I was offered no discount / refund / further recourse, just "Your shirt is not here" and a blank stare. Clearly they're not too worried about customer satisfaction.

On the good service side, the Leather Exchange pub has gone from strength to strength recently. Good, friendly service and great food upstairs and down.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network