Recycle Christmas trees

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 29 December 2007 11.06am
hope this is useful..

From January 6 to 27, we will be providing a Christmas tree recycling service.

Households on our garden waste collection scheme can have their trees collected by putting them out on their garden waste collection day (see revised Christmas schedule).

Households who are not part of the garden waste scheme can take their trees to designated areas at: Manor Place recycling centre, Burgess Park, Belair Park, Southwark Park and Peckham Rye Park.

Residents who are not on the garden waste scheme can ring on 020 7525 2000 from the beginning of January onwards and we will collect from their properties. All the trees we collect will be reprocessed to make mulch that will help bring shrub and flowerbeds back to life in the spring.

Southwark Christmas Tree recycling details
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/RecyclingPages/GardenWasteRecycling.html
Saturday 29 December 2007 11.57am
And for those in Lambeth, see this page.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Saturday 29 December 2007 12.48pm
Wouldn't it be so much easier if they just had one day when they collected from all say Jan 7th.
Saturday 29 December 2007 3.46pm
Let's have a Twielfth Night social at Manor Place on Sunday 6th.
Thursday 3 January 2008 10.46am
Without being bah-humbug, does anyone know where in SE1, of course, you can take your tree to get it mulched?
Thursday 3 January 2008 12.03pm
Manor Park Recycling Centre, Burgess Park is the nearest to you, Julie. Exact location on Southwarks website.
Thursday 3 January 2008 12.11pm
Manor Place and Burgess Park are two separate locations. I've searched the Southwark website and can't work out where in Burgess Park the tree recycling point is.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/RecyclingPages/GardenWasteRecycling.html

Having asked on the SE5 forum, I haven't had an answer there yet, either.

Can anybody give me an exact location for the one in Burgess Park before I set off on foot with my tree?
Thursday 3 January 2008 12.27pm
Jac wrote:
Wouldn't it be so much easier if they just had one day when they collected from all say Jan 7th.

Quite - I think my earlier response to Julies question got mangled as her post was moved - and then I got the name of the recyling place wrong when I re-posted above! However, the gist of my response was also that it is so depressing to see many redundant Christmas trees dumped on pavements just now - not just because it signifies the end of the holiday season. It highlights peoples laziness, but also the consequence of Southwarks dis-jointed and [in my view] inefficient recycling 'policy'.
Thursday 3 January 2008 3.26pm
Southwark should take a leaf ( no pun intended!) from Derby..daughter has a blue recycling bin which holds plastic bottles etc.,glass and tin cans..far better idea... also Brown bin, and wastepaper collections..
Thursday 3 January 2008 6.29pm
I phoned up yesterday (2 Jan) the Council phone number. However there is a TWO WEEK turnaround so they are not able to pick it up till 16 Jan. As my tree is coming down on Sunday, I am going to make alternative plans ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: