Bermondsey Square development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 January 2008 7.53pm
Hi All,

I own a flat on Bermondsey Street but have been renting it out for the past year and am set to return in the next month which I'm really looking forward to.

Can anyone tell me how the Bermondsey Square development is going? When is it due to be completed and how is everyone feeling about it in general?
Tuesday 22 January 2008 7.31am
Just looked at the website for the new hotel with 80 odd bedrooms, to find work is starting in Decima Street! eh? when has decima street been part of bermondsey square?
Friday 25 January 2008 5.54pm
Well it looks like it's not too far off finishing and it's horrible. Giant block with weird metal mesh head dress on top and cedar wood cladding that will stain and fade in a few years. Like a sheer wall up against the road and it has totally blocked the sunlight to the Churchyard/park across Long Lane from it.

The Antiques market is completely run down and looks like it's going to the wall in it's dank basement underneath.

Let's hope it's nice inside.
Friday 25 January 2008 6.37pm
Interestingly, I think exactly the opposite. I like the use of contrasting materials and the design, and, overall, think it looks fantastic.
Friday 25 January 2008 9.29pm
I got an email a couple of days ago saying that the Bermondsey Square development was "finally launching" but don't know precisely what (or when) that means. It might say on their website--I've not yet checked it out.
Saturday 26 January 2008 8.00am
I am definitely keen on the development but not so much the prices! got an email from the developer's agents re prices - 2-beds going for 500k....
Monday 28 January 2008 12.56am
2-beds going for 500k....

So the IMF was being conservative when they said that UK property prices were over-valued by 40%!

Niall
Monday 28 January 2008 8.44am
The cheapest flat is over 300k and that's for a studio. I don't think all London property is over-priced, but new builds such as this are. If you look at the Spa Park development, they had 1 bed flats for 220-240, which was about right for the Bermondsey area I believe. This looks very expensive.
Monday 28 January 2008 9.28am
to be fair the 2-beds are good-sized, about 800-odd sq ft with a balcony....but still! does seem overvalued given asking prices in the general bermondsey st area have moderated in recent months. I'm looking to move within the area but thinking I shd just wait for a few more months really to see where prices go..
Monday 28 January 2008 11.39am
I live on nearby Grange road and I'm really excited about it launching - especially the art house cinema that is going to be part of the development.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: