Well Done Met Police

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 October 2003 10.02pm
My Scooter was stolen by some pleb the other day. I groaned and said to myself "oh well I hope they really needed it for an urgent job" (actually "the Fxxxxxx Bxxxxx"). I phoned Southwark Police to tell them in case it was used in some drug smuggling run or involved in a hit and run or something. A bored voice took the details of 'yet another crime' and I became yet another statistic. A few minutes later a much happier voice from the same police station informed me that my bike had been recovered in one piece and the pleb had been arrested.

Just like to say thanks Met Police - and I hope the pleb things twice next time. (yea right !!!!)

Monday 6 October 2003 9.51am
that is refreshing... send a case of Heineken over to the office !

Tuesday 7 October 2003 9.36am
It's a shame this is the reaction, but...WOW!
Tuesday 7 October 2003 10.56am
Yes, whenever you read figures it seems that way less than 50% of stolen scooters get recovered.

Where was it nicked from northernboy? was it locked? (just gathering anecdotal evidence - don't want to get mine nicked)
Tuesday 7 October 2003 9.12pm
Hi Ivanhoe Martin

My scooter was in a locked room - but this was a communal room and someone left the door open !!!. The bike had a chain through the front wheel - the thief carried wirecutters or a saw.
Wednesday 8 October 2003 10.17am
Guess you can't do much to stop that. You'd better make sure you never get off it now you've got it back !-)

...walking down the road
Friday 10 October 2003 3.00pm
Have you thought about a ground anchor?
Tuesday 21 October 2003 3.22pm
wow - the police actually being applauded for doing the job their paid for ?!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: