Bag thieves at Chopstix

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Sunday 6 January 2008 9.55pm
So we went to get some lunch at Chopstix by the London Eye and by the time we could get some lunch from the buffet, someone had stolen a ladies bag from our table. We look around and then see all these warnings about bags being stolen at that restaurant. If it is a known risk, what is the restaurant doing about it? The restaurant staff was least bothered about our loss and were accusing us of negligence. It almost seemed like the restaurant staff was involved in this gig!

Anyway, we reported this to the London police and went our way with a bitter feeling. Hold on to your stuff if you ever go there to get some food.
Sunday 6 January 2008 10.44pm
It sounds like they have done something - put up lots of signs to warn you! What more can they do? In a place like that you do have to keep your bags on you. The only people who go to that restaurant are tourists and I'm not surprised they have problems with theft. It's a shame though - I'm sorry your friend had her bag stolen.
Monday 7 January 2008 7.26am
That's a rotten thing to happen Sharaf, it's the aggravation that ensues afterwards. If your housekeys are in the bag with your address it's even more worrying. It happened down east lane years ago to a friend.She had to have the barrel of her lock changed.

I never ever buy a handbag that i can't wear diagnally accross my shoulders.
Monday 7 January 2008 5.26pm
That whole area down by the london eye has become a nightmare. It is dirty, there is litter everywhere and a whole host of illegal street vendors and pickpockets. So much for being one of the 'jewels' of the southbank: it's a disgrace.
VJ
Saturday 5 July 2008 11.00pm
The thieves have stuck again - I have a suspicion that the restaurant staff are involved in this racket. Tourists will make mistakes but it is the business of Chopstix that the owners of Chopstix should protect - if they do not protect their own restaurant from thieves, they cannot protect their business. In any case, they have lousy food.
Sunday 6 July 2008 9.50am
Oh don't be daft. It's a restaurant geared totally at tourists. All over the world thieves target tourist areas and the restaurants that tourists frequent.

As a previous poster has said, the restaurant have put up warning signs, what more can they do?
Sunday 6 July 2008 11.32am
Yeh. They've put a sign up. What more do expect?
Maybe we could more signs up around town. It would certainly help...
Monday 7 July 2008 6.45am
Dont they have cctv? may not cover all the area, but you may see someone trot out with your bag? i never put my bag down somewhere like that, here or abroad...as i said before i wear a big unfashionable bag slung accross me shoulder...
Monday 7 July 2008 8.53am
Leave your bag on the table? Are you bonkers?
Monday 7 July 2008 9.16am
Stop blaming everyone else....as Jackie said you must be mad to not take care of your stuff these days...sad but true.

As for the neighbourhood.....its a shame but so often tourist areas do go downhill after a while and with no action from Southwark Council and the police to restrict the illegal traders and a lack of cleaning and bins, and people tidying up their own mess, it will continue.

Its such a shame people don't behave more responsibly.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network