We Was All One

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 7 January 2008 10.06pm
This documentary filmed in Bermondsey in the early 70s is showing at the Tate Community Film Club next Monday.

I saw it a few years ago when I was doing some research.

Its an amazing portrait of the old communities that lived around the Bermondsey docks and in the slums.

There is great footage of Bermondsey and Elephant and the Heygate estate when it was brand spanking new.

I'd definitely recommend it for anyone interested in the local area.

Here's the link
Monday 7 January 2008 10.50pm
Thanks mickyBoy - having lived in the area for 20 years, I have just joined the club.
Tuesday 8 January 2008 9.19am
Me an all, I will be going, what time does it start?
Tuesday 8 January 2008 3.09pm
This sounds excellent. As a resident of the Elephant and Castle, I shall certainly be joining the club and be there on Monday. It always amazes me just how much there is to do in London, not many people can go and watch films in one of the worlds most important modern art galleries for free.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Tuesday 8 January 2008 3.17pm
Oddly enough, there is a free showing of The Goonies at Canary wharf doors open at 6.30 screening starts 7.30 East Wintergarden. Great film for the family.on the 19th january..then on 19th feb. Hitchhiker guide to the galaxy...both free..
Tuesday 8 January 2008 6.22pm
Hi Jan,

Doors open at 6.30 for 7.

See you all there.
Sunday 13 January 2008 7.50am
Thanks for the tipoff
Looks great

Carl Palmer
Monday 14 January 2008 12.57pm
Exactly where is the entrance for the film? as i have limited mobility I'd like to see how far it is to walk if i go to the wrong bit..
Monday 14 January 2008 12.59pm
The entrance above the ramp on the west side of the gallery (nearest Hopton Street/Holland Street)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 14 January 2008 1.11pm
Thank you James, I think I'll get a mini cab! I really want to get here and see this..:-)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: