New Windows /Double Glazing Salesmen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 January 2008 10.28pm
Help! I need to buy new French doors / windows - completely new windows and frames are necessary. Does anyone out there have any advice? Throwing myself on the mercies of the double glazing salesmen seems quite daunting...Any experiences / advice / recommendations will be gratefully received!
Tuesday 8 January 2008 2.47am
How DIY are you? B&Q/Homebase do the units, i'm sure one of the kind people on here will help you or recommend a friend at mates rates - hopefully wholesale. Will look into it for you.
Wednesday 9 January 2008 6.29pm
give chris or steve a call at southwalk glass,i use them all the time,there reasonable and very reliable
Monday 14 January 2008 3.36pm
Hi Fran

I actually just had mine all replaced and used Bespoke Windows in Dulwich (they used to be located in SE1 - and did my neighbours). They were very good and I was pleased. I had one problem with the glass and they came back to replace it until I was happy.

Email me privately and I am happy to tell you more. They did two doors and 6 windows for me.

Wednesday 16 January 2008 3.19am
Hi Fran, i have sent you a Private Message.
Wednesday 16 January 2008 8.27pm
Just a word of warning Fran,if you are good at DIY and plan to do it yourself be aware that if you ever want to sell the property you need a FENSA certificate (not sure of the spelling).It is to do with the heat loss via the windows/insulation /energy efficiency and any windows/doors fitted post 2005 need it I think.My husband replaced all the windows in my Gran's house as he is very good at DIY -unfortunately we did not know about the certificate and when we had to sell the house we had to pay for an indemnity prior to the sale.(Despite the fact the house had NO heating- it was crazy). Make sure you ask whoever does the work/supplies the windows can give you the certificate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: