Crosby Row incident

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 9 January 2008 6.34pm
Does anyone know what happened there earlier today? Lots of police presence now, and crime scene tape in abundance.
Wednesday 9 January 2008 9.59pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3096

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 9 January 2008 10.25pm
That explains it. I wasn't in the area at the time, but you could tell something bad had happened. There's often a fairly ominous vibe around that junction between Kipling Street and Crosby Row.
Thursday 10 January 2008 8.40am
I of course meant the junction with Porlock St.
Thursday 10 January 2008 10.52am
longlaner wrote:
There's often a fairly ominous vibe around that junction between Kipling Street and Crosby Row.

I'm moving to Kipling st this weekend, has there been trouble around there before??
Thursday 10 January 2008 11.14am
I've walked past there almost twice daily for the past 4 years (with small children) and this is the first time I've ever seen or heard of any trouble. I certainly haven't been aware of any ominous vibes either. But as with all places in any area you just need to take care and be self-aware.
Thursday 10 January 2008 1.03pm
I've seen no "trouble", but I have seen groups of half a dozen or so teenage boys arguing in a rather aggressive way on Crosby Row a few times, outside what I think is some sort of youth club, and I've also seen someone let a firework off in the street there. Nothing more than that.
Thursday 10 January 2008 1.40pm
If there is a pupil referral unit there (as is in the article), the groups of teenagers probably come from there, rather than a youth club.
Thursday 10 January 2008 1.42pm
Kas 75, I've lived round the corner from there for over a year and so far have not seen anything to cause me concern.
Thursday 10 January 2008 3.17pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3098

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: