Scooter Parking on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
mattoneill Sunday 13 January 2008 5.53pm
Does any one regularly park there scooter on Bermondsey street? Do you just put it in the car bays? Ever have any vandalism trouble? Or had it stolen?

Advertisement

Ivanhoe Monday 14 January 2008 9.31am
There are two bike bays on B St.

...if you press it, they will come.
ceity slicker Monday 14 January 2008 9.35am
My son often parks his motorbike in the bay on Tanner Street, near the Bermondsey Street junction.

Apparently, the proliferation of Congestion Charge and other surveillance cameras at that location acts as a deterrent against theft and vandalism. (In the 18 months, the worst that has happened is that the bike got knocked over one night).

Anecdotally, the guys at R&W Autos in Morocco Street note that the motorbike bay opposite their premises near the Bermondsey Street junction does not benefit from the same deterrent and bikes experience frequent theft and theft-related damage.
gerardi Monday 14 January 2008 11.43am
I've had two motorbikes stolen from SE1 so I would advise you to park where you can lock it to something.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions