Up on the roof or at the top ........

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 14 January 2008 10.13am
A friend of mine is researching what happens at the top or on the roof of buildings in SE1. He's looking for anything unusual, interesting or just plain odd. Does anyone know of an allotment, a forrest of satellite dishes or an S&M dungeon on the top floor or on the roof. The locations (with permission) will then become part of an architectural photographic essay to be exhibited later this year. PM me if the locations are of a ............... sensitive nature.

Best wishes to everyone for 2008.

Niall
Monday 14 January 2008 10.22am
The top of the tower at Empire Square on Long Lane is a strange illuminate box that glows different colours (green, red, cyan) according to the prevailing atmospheric conditions.
Monday 14 January 2008 10.36am
The roof of the Hayward Gallery is home to a sculpture which lights up according to the speed and direction of the wind. Unfortunately its no longer working but its still there.
Monday 14 January 2008 11.24am
I believe there is (or was) a beehive or two on a roof of a block of flats over near Tower Bridge - a google might come up with more info, but I recall seeing a TV item about the couple who did make honey from them ( I think there is a shop south London that sells London made honey so that may be a starting point) ... and of course a search on this forum might help!
Monday 14 January 2008 1.30pm
Time to look at Google Earth!
Monday 14 January 2008 1.32pm
I wonder if there's anything Jackie wants to admit to?
Monday 14 January 2008 1.49pm
How about the honey man in devon mansions ( Tooley Street )who has his beehives on the roof?
Monday 14 January 2008 1.50pm
Interestingly I looked at my flat on Google Earth and was disappointed to see it was out of date. Er...funny goings on?...well there's me hanging out the washing, for a start.
Monday 14 January 2008 2.49pm
not sure if anything interesting goes on up on the roof of the Fort pub!!
Zoe
Monday 14 January 2008 4.56pm
Styles House on The Cut has a lot of stuff on it's roof, Orange put up satellite dishes and built a structure, which is now (allegedly) damaging the roof.

It looks quite interesting when you approach it from Union Street, and I'm pursuing the Council about the damage to the roof. I may be looking for help on the legal side of it at some point!

If we could get access to the roof we'd want to keep bees as well, it's another thing to bring up when I again complain to the Council.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: