Childcare / Holiday Playscheme

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 January 2008 11.33am
Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise us on good childcare or a holiday playscheme in SE1 please?

We are looking for childcare for our children (primary school aged) for the school holidays only.

Thank you!
Monday 14 January 2008 11.54am
Alley1

where in SE1 are you as there are a few schemes
Monday 14 January 2008 12.11pm
Hi Dee Dee,

we live near Tower Bridge and work near Waterloo, so both areas would suit.
Monday 14 January 2008 12.36pm
Southwark council has a list of playschemes for the holidays - should be on the website

my son has for the last 2 summers, Easter hols and some half terms gone to a scheme run by the playshelter (they should be on the councils list) which alternate between Snowsfields and Gloucester Road primary (snowsfields when it is warm as the playground is bigger and Gloucester when cold as more indoor space) but they do pick ups from each school and drop offs of an evening. They do lots of trips (which cost a bit extra)but he has been horse riding, Ice skating, to the seaside, various museums and parks,cinema etc which is probably a lot more than i would do with him if at home!! I think they take 4-12 year olds.

It also means he meets kids from the local area as his school is a bit further away.

Near Waterloo i think there is one in the coin street area.
Monday 14 January 2008 6.21pm
Hi Ally,

This is Linday from Coin Street Community Builders and we have an excellent Holiday Play scheme availalble for children aged 4-11 years old. Prices begin at 13.25 for a 1/2 day (8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm), 19 for a standard day (9am-4pm) and 24 for an extended day (8am-6pm). For more information, please contact us at 020 7021 1600 or email helpdesk@coinstreet.org. We can also be researched online at www.coinstreet.org for more information about many of our family programmes, location and SE1 events.

Regards,

Lindsay

Ally1 wrote:
Hi,
Would anyone be able to advise us on good childcare or a holiday playscheme in SE1 please?

We are looking for childcare for our children (primary school aged) for the school holidays only.

Thank you!
Tuesday 15 January 2008 11.13am
The ADI in Lambeth Road also offer playschemes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: