The G Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 October 2003 12.12pm

Walking along Tooley Street at the weekend, I noticed that the vacant "Bar Restaurant" on the corner of Tooley and Weston (next to the Bike shop) has a copy application for an "on-licence" affixed to the wall.

The application was heard yesterday and the place will be called the G Club. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Tuesday 7 October 2003 12.19pm in the 'G' spot? or Gordon Bennet, 'ow much!

Tuesday 7 October 2003 1.32pm
There was something on an earlier thread from someone who was thinking of opening the place, can't remember who or what though, it started the whole MacDonald's/Starbucks argument up again I seem to think! Will be interesting to see if anything can stay open for any amount of time in that spot.
Tuesday 7 October 2003 2.33pm
not such a bad spot is it? I'd have thought a lot of people walked up that way from L Bridge.

weston st is my tip for the next bermondsey st (so go there now, before it's awash with sun-dried conrans LOL)
Tuesday 7 October 2003 2.59pm
I hope the G-Club is more successful than the previous incarnations. It's a great site. Looking forward to seeing what the new owners can come up with.
Tuesday 7 October 2003 3.40pm

I just wonder whether it will be a "club" or bar. Hopefully the latter. With any luck, the owners will be ghosting this site....

Did anyone go there in its previous incarnation? Was it a largish venue?
Tuesday 7 October 2003 4.09pm
It was called something along the lines of "The Blue Olive" (don't ask why....) and was actually quite good - strip wood floors, exposed brickwork walls, halogen lighting etc.

I rather liked the fact that it was often quiet, but that's not going to pay the bills, hence, I suspect, the closure.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: