Saturday lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 January 2008 1.24pm
Hello there - I have seen the thread on Sunday lunches around SE1 but does anyone have suggestions for Saturdays? The two pubs I really like don't do Saturday lunch and my guests are a little price sensititve for The Garrison or Bermondsey Kitchen.
Any good pubs serve food on Saturday around 1?
Tuesday 15 January 2008 1.33pm
I bet The Royal Oak (Tabard Street) does. No doubt somebody will be able to confirm this. The portions are enormous there, too.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 1.40pm
Without doubt go to Joe's Kitchen next to Borough Tube. Its good value, great food, cool crowd and though not a pub will bowl over your guests in a kind of Vancouver/Seattle comes to SE1 kind of way.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 1.43pm
The Bridge House on TBR does nice filled rolls, as well as a full menu, and nice beer.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 5.59pm
When I was moving into my flat, I went to Nelsons daily on Borough High Street opposite the John Harvard Library (I didn't want to cook in the flat when it was only half done) - a proper Italian cafe / restaurant - good food for Saturday lunches and licensed, I think.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 10.46pm
How about the Woolpack on Bermondsey Street - the food there is good (opp the Garrison)
Wednesday 16 January 2008 12.14am
Borough Market stall cruise might be an idea. You can always make up your own hamper from there, including drinks and eat in the cathedral grounds or along the river. Weather permitting of course.
Monday 21 January 2008 9.13pm
if you want something different theres the Queens Head on Black Prince road (in the 'long tail' of SE1 - near the Riverbank Plaza/Vauxhall )

its still a pub with a bar but its converted to a regular cafe - i reckon the full English is good
Saturday 21 August 2010 8.53am
The Porter around the back/side of Borough Market used to do wonderful Saturday lunches when I was in work. As I am now long retired I do not know if they are still there....worth checking though...and reasonable prices. Great beer too, real stuff on offer.
Saturday 21 August 2010 11.27am
Second Joe's Kitchen and The Woolpack
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: