Maison Tropicale outside Tate Modern

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 January 2008 4.06pm
Anyone know what is being put up on the grass in front of the Tate? It is quite subastantial but has no foundations, just rests on wooden blocks.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 4.19pm
I was intrigued by The Crack! being uneducated did not really understand the message behind it.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 4.38pm
Which side of the Tate?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 5.24pm
You don't need an education to understand the message of the crack in your behind, Jan ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 5.40pm
I realise the crack in my nether regions is to stop me sliding off plastic benches sideways with ease..young Ivanhoe..:-) stops the carpet burns to!

The Crack was inside the long hall near the community film cinema James. I overheard some people talking about the cracks meaning the destruction of the fabric of society, I thought society was not all it was cracked up to be in that case!
It may well have been called something else apart from The Crack, but's that what it was to me!
Tuesday 15 January 2008 5.44pm
Yes, I am familiar with the crack in the Turbine Hall - I was wondering whereabouts the structure described by diogenes3 is - there is grass on both sides of the Tate - it depends what he regards as the front of the gallery.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 6.24pm
The crack is all about borders, fractured society and immigration. It is also the best opportunity EVER for dirty jokes in the Carry On tradition. Its even better if you assume ownership of the crack so that it becomes 'my crack' or 'your crack'. e.g. "Can you take a pictre of my .... " ; "Can I put my finger in your ...... "

The big structure is taking shape on the grass lawn between the gallery and the river (directly in front of the ground floor cafe). It is huge, about the same size as the pavilions that go up in front of the Serpentine Gallery.

Finally, I went to the Louise Bourgeois exhibition on Sunday. This weekend is the final one before closing and if you have not been I really recommend it. I was a bit sceptical before going but was blown away and intend to go again before it closes.
Wednesday 16 January 2008 7.46am
Jim funny enough I realised that after my posting..for young Ivanhoes sake i shall now refer to it as ...The Fissure or Crevice!
Wednesday 16 January 2008 8.38am
Jan, I rather fear that for those of us with smutty minds, the same hilarity will ensue.
Wednesday 16 January 2008 8.49am
Jim, I then looked up fissure just to make sure i had spelt it right...all i found was references to anuses...or what ever the plural is for anus! :-)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: