RATS in Guys / St Thomas' Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 January 2008 4.38pm
It's well documented about rats around the SE1 area but has anyone actually seen them in or around Guys or St Thomas'?

Please let me know!
Tuesday 15 January 2008 6.00pm
Your headline alone suggests that rats are running amok in Guys/St Thomas'. Whilst I am very keen on having clean hospitals and getting rid of MRSA I think this kind of sensationalism is unhelpful both for the staff but more so the for the patients in both hospitals. Do you have an axe to grind with the Trust?

(no connection etc)
Tuesday 15 January 2008 6.48pm
mon2 wrote:
Your headline alone suggests that rats are running amok in Guys/St Thomas'... I think this kind of sensationalism is unhelpful both for the staff but more so the for the patients in both hospitals. Do you have an axe to grind with the Trust?

Quite possibly, especially as it's their first post. Visited St Thomas's a lot in August when my wife gave birth and didn't see one. Never heard of anyone else who has seen them there or Guys either.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 8.24pm
In the hospital?! Or near the hospital? I saw one recently on Great Maze Pond, but I hardly think that counts.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 8.49pm
One was reported by "yas" in this thread.

But is was not in the hospital - but as a result of McD's rubbish.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 8.50pm
I've been working at Guy's for eight years, never saw a rat inside, but I have seen a dead one on Great Maze Pond a couple of years ago.
Tuesday 15 January 2008 11.47pm
I work at St. Thomas' Hospital and I can confirm that mice running a riot in the offices where I work. We had them running in the corridors, kitchen, offices, I was even told that one of the consultants had to put his trousers into his socks... eugh...
Tuesday 15 January 2008 11.50pm
ruzimate wrote:
I work at St. Thomas' Hospital and I can confirm that mice running a riot in the offices where I work. We had them running in the corridors, kitchen, offices, I was even told that one of the consultants had to put his trousers into his socks... eugh...

Another first time poster? Coincidence?
Wednesday 16 January 2008 12.16am
Never although I have seen them in the surrounding streets
Wednesday 16 January 2008 3.19pm
I work at guy's and we had a mouse running around our department at the end of last year. We had loads of traps put down and was assured the guy would be back to check them in a few days...we haven't seen him since, or the mouse, must be in 1 of the traps but no-one is volunteering to check!! And i saw a rat rummaging around the McDonald's rubbish last summer aswell.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: