Large development for Tyers Gate behind Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 20 January 2008 5.14pm
There's a large development seeking planning permission for buildings on Tyers Gate, behind Bermondsey Street and Leathermarket St, facing onto the park. Apparently there has been a consultation for neighbours and businesses on Tyers Gate, BS and Leathermarket. I didn't get notice of this for some reason - did anyone else, and did you go?
Monday 21 January 2008 11.39am
I live on Tyers Gate and haven't heard a thing. have you got more info?
jh
Monday 21 January 2008 3.40pm
I live in Leathermarket Street and haven't seen anything either.
Monday 21 January 2008 3.44pm
I just spoke with the planning officer. Apparently the details on the website are wrong and the consultation period starts on Thursday.
Monday 21 January 2008 5.53pm
I haven't spoken to anyone locally yet who was invited, but the council say the developers have stated they held a meeting for local residents in advance of submitting the plans. I'm drawing my own conclusions. It looks like we'll just get the yellow notices going up shortly. I think it might involve that bloke in the Range Rover from no7 building himself a penthouse. The Bermondsey Street Area Partnership should be looking at it as it's a big development and, no doubt, will be using a lot of lorries.
Thursday 24 January 2008 10.43am
My name is John Ross, I am a photographer in Clink Street and the owner of the site at No 5 Tyers gate.
Please get in touch with me as regards the development at No 5 and No 7.
Letters were hand posted to all relevant neighbouring residents and businesses in Tyers Gate, Bermondsey Street and Leathermarket Street in August of last year. I am unsure what has gone wrong here and surprised to hear that you have not seen the letter.
I am unsure what constitutes a large development, but it is a 5 story extension to No 5 and a 1 story extension to the roof of No 7, no higher than the buildings opposite. 6 flats in total, so in reality a small development.

Please get in touch with me at: john@johnross.co.uk.
jh
Thursday 24 January 2008 1.38pm
Thanks John for the info about the development. It looks fairly reasonable given some of the other stuff that is going on in the area.
Friday 1 February 2008 9.29am
I rang the council to find out why I can't see a yellow planning notice about the demolition of the old dairy at 5 Tyers Gate. He said it went up last week on the park railings. Which means someone whipped it down immediately.
Friday 1 February 2008 3.02pm
My understanding is that Southwark have posted no notices so far.
Sunday 3 February 2008 7.37pm
I spoke to the officer who posted it up himself - the string is still there but someone ripped the notice down smartish. The consultation period for the demolition finishes around 13 February.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: