Bermondsey Street One Way

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 January 2008 1.07pm
I was surprised last night to discover that Bermondsey Street is now back to one-way between Long Lane and Tanner Street. There are no signs to say this, just the absence of the warning signs which made it temporarily two way.

However, I note that there are some who think that it is still two way, judging from the direction their cars are facing!
yas
Sunday 3 February 2008 4.36pm
Have also noticed that even today, cars are screaming up Bermondsey Street in the wrong direction. Am guessing that some local residents (one of the cars came out of the Glassworks building), have taken the habit of a short-cut back to Long Lane... In any case, the road signs need to be clearer as the entrance to Bermondsey Street is often blocked by parked vans, etc and cars turning in are not usually expecting to see a car coming towards them.

On the point of Bermondsey Street, I remember reading someone had spoken to a road-worker who said the entire road was being repaved so they were NOT bothering to fill pot-holes, etc. This is insane! They can't just leave the road as it is until a decision is made. It's a death trap for cyclists and pedestrians. Does anyone have any more information about the digging up of the road?
jh
Monday 4 February 2008 9.34am
I asked Southwark months ago about the road surface, telling them it was life threatening. They told me that they would be re-surfacing, but only after the Thames Water works were finished. I guess that will be some time still as they move North up the street. And by then Southwark will have found some other excuse I'm sure, for not doing the work.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: