Empire Building Cable Broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 January 2008 1.24pm
Hello,

I just got a flat in Empire Building, 34 Long Lane, and was wondering if anybody else living here is using the CABLE broadband (any internet provider) installed in the building.

As the building is brand new, it is still not registered on the ISP websites, and I need the Internet Asap.

If anyone already has Cable in Empire building, please sent me the provider and the website/phonenumber you used.

Thx a lot for your help, it's an emergency :)

++
Friday 25 January 2008 4.57pm
If it's actually cable you need to contact Virgin Media.

If it's just a BT line you need to contact BT to get your line activated (if you're the first occupant they will charge you 125), then once it's been activated wait a few days (possibly a week) before it will appear in the BT ADSL database all the ISPs use. Then just place an order and you will be given an activation date (usually about a week later).

Apparently it's also possible to get broadband activated at the same time as the phone line, BT will probably try to sell you their own to do this, but if you phone other ISPs they may also be able to help you arrange it.
Friday 25 January 2008 4.59pm
Here's info about simultaneous provision:

http://usergroup.plus.net/simprovideorders.php

Do note that not all ISPs will be willing or able to do this for you.
Friday 25 January 2008 5.31pm
What's the Empire Building - do you mean Empire Square? If yes, ask the concierge what the situation is.
Saturday 26 January 2008 4.41pm
Slighty off topic, but I was wondering what the range of the signal from John Harvard HotSpot is. Probably wouldn't reach the 200 yards to Empire Sq. You often see people outside JH on sat afternoon or sunday with their laptops presumably taking advantage of the signal.
Wonder what will happen when WiMax with a range of 80km arrives.
SE1 must be dotted with HotSpots.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: