Music classes for babies and toddlers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 25 January 2008 6.06pm
Hi

I'm new to the area and I'm looking for a good music class to take my 2 and a half year old and my 1 year old? I'm not sure where to start looking! Thanks. Ruth
Monday 28 January 2008 8.47am
If you send me a private mail I will ask my wife the details, as she takes our 1 year old to a weekly music group called Whipersnappers. It's either at Kintore Way or at the Ellen Brown centre on Grange Road.
Monday 28 January 2008 9.26am
Not a music class as such, but you may wish to consider the Saturday morning family concerts at Morley College which are designed for all ages to join in:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/3702/saturday-morning-family-concert

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 January 2008 6.17pm
Hi

My son has been going to Caterpillar Music in Rotherhithe for the last couple of years and seems to enjoy it (from age 1). He goes on a Thursday morning.
http://www.caterpillarmusic.com/

Cheers
Tuesday 29 January 2008 10.30am
JGarcia wrote:
If you send me a private mail I will ask my wife the details, as she takes our 1 year old to a weekly music group called Whipersnappers. It's either at Kintore Way or at the Ellen Brown centre on Grange Road.

Last time I went to Whippersnappers (last summer) it was in the Ellen Brown Centre in Spa Park. I loved Whippersnappers - it was brilliant. http://www.london-se1.co.uk/places/ellen-brown-centre
Tuesday 29 January 2008 2.53pm
Thanks everyone - thats very helpful!

x Ruth
Tuesday 29 January 2008 8.45pm
Ruth - I've checked with my wife. Whippersnapers is the music group at the Ellen Brown centre on Grange Road. It's on at 2pm on Fridays. My wife says you have to get there early (20 mins before) as it's first come first served, and it is very popular.
Thursday 31 January 2008 5.16pm
Hi Ruth,

There are also classes at the Siobhan Davies dance studio near Elephant.

http://www.siobhandavies.com

Baby Bugs for ages 4 weeks-1 year

Teacher: Binita Sama-Zakaria

Fun filled movement sessions for baby and parents inspired by world music and various rhythms. Enjoy action rhymes and body games for you to use at home.

Hop Skip Jump for ages 1-2 years

Teacher: Binita Sama-Zakaria

Devised for toddlers, the session is a combination of structured play and creative movement to stretch the little ones' towards whole body learning. Join in your children's delight as they hop, skip, jump, twirl and roll.

I go to the Baby Bugs and the teacher, Binita, is lovely and the space is really nice.
They have classes for older children too.

Check the website for dates and times.
Saturday 29 March 2008 7.49pm
Hi

Thanks to all who replied to my thread. I actually found a brilliant music/dance class called Boppin' Bunnies in New Cross (where a friend of mine lives).

Just to let anyone who is interested know that Boppin' Bunnies are about to open a morning of classes in SE1 at Christ Church Southwark on Blackfriars Rd every Wednesday.
I've been absolutely blown away with the classes in New Cross so thought I'd do my bit in spreading the word and helping their SE1 Boppin' Bunnies classes get off the ground. They have a professional musician running the class and a huge variety of proper high quality instruments that my little Sophie just loves! I highly recommend it. They also let you have a free taster so you find out what you're letting yourself in for!

Do pass it on if you are able as I think outstanding things like this should be given a helping hand every now and again by us mummies (and daddies)!

Cheers

Ruth
Monday 31 March 2008 1.48pm
How lovely music classes for toddlers, not many babes have the chance of running around in flats and having real noisy fun..
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: