TFL Torpedos the E&C Again!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 January 2008 6.56am
Believe it or not..read it in the Estates Gazette of 26th January. TFL have sent Lend Lease BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD on the Elephant & Castle Regeneration plans. TFL a)wants more consultation on the Northern Roundabout and b)will NOT stump up for the new Underground Station. As I have told you on this site more than once, TFL have been throwing a spanner in the works of the underpasses being filled in, and now this. Who should be called to account? Comments anyone?
Wednesday 30 January 2008 8.32am
Hi Jackie, thanks, it would be helpful know what the article said in detail.

I think that the plans at the northern end are less developed than at the south (especially how to improve the interchange between rail, tube, bus and perhaps tram) so it is not necessarily a new delay - this needs to be done anyway. But I stand to be corrected.
Wednesday 30 January 2008 10.36am
Given that they have only just finished spending what I imagine to be quite a lot of money on the tube station do we really need a new one? I agree that the interchange between lines and national rail could be improved though.
Wednesday 30 January 2008 10.51am
I think "new Tube station" means a new surface building for the Northern line entrance. Once the shopping centre is gone it's going to be a bit of an oddity just kind of plonked there. I wonder why the station was rebuilt when regeneration has always been on the cards?
Wednesday 30 January 2008 2.49pm
possibly because regeneration projhects often hit the buffers - a 20 year design life for the northern line box might not have been pessimistic

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: