Recall Centre - lighting consultant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 January 2008 3.19pm
It seems that Four Communications are trying to arrange for the developers lights consultant to survey the properties that are affected by the proposed and now refused development.
Please bare in mind that this consultant is working and being paid by the developer. It is his job to produce a report that supports the developer's proposal and not to look after the tenants interest. The lighting consultant told me a few months ago that they do not require access to properties to assess the impact - so the move by the developer to arrange such meetings is intriguing..
I suggest that those of us who are concerned about the implication of the development on the right of light get a lighting consultant that will represent us (and will obviously be paid by us)
Wednesday 30 January 2008 8.16pm
Hello

I have been trying to chase down the so called lighting consultant and four communication for a visit for the past 2 months. Simply ignored.

I will be keen to contribute to fees for a lighting consultant who will provide a second opinion

Was the application rejected ? Serves the developer right for being so greedy !! At least, we have another chance to influence the developing...

Cheers
Thursday 31 January 2008 7.01pm
The Planning Application was refused on 21 January. I discovered this on 24th and immediately put a message on that link - and was surprised that only 1 person commented.

I was unaware that the lighting consultant is paid for by the developer. He finlly visited me on Tuesday, after a lot of chasing, and no response to my emails after their original contact, last November.

He was charming and made a detailed diagram of my windows, measuring my bedroom and sitting room - I am in Hestia House, overlooking Recall.

What kind of cost are we looking at to have an independent report?
Thursday 7 February 2008 5.07pm
I am not sure but I think that if enough of us join forces than the cost will be fairly redundant (per household)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: